As in any other forum, there are a few simple rules you need to follow or else you'll get warned twice, and then temporarily banned. I don't like that idea, so I figured I would add these rules here and hope you follow them.
1. Show respect to others, as you would ask them to respect you.
This is the 'golden rule'. Treat others as you want to be treated. If you flame, troll, or otherwise harass somebody, that could be viewed as breaking this rule. Which isn't a good thing.
2. Respect the Admins and the Moderators.
Basically, we choose everything, and you should respect our decisions. That doesn't mean that we're going to start ruling this forum with an iron fist, though, I promise. If you need help with something, we'll be here to help.
3. No Powerplaying; Powerplaying is essentially forcing other people's characters into doing something that their writer should choose for themselves. There's a simple but subtle difference between powerplaying and not.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Powerplaying: Bob pulled out a gun and shot Doug eighteen times in the face, killing him instantly.
Perfectly okay: Bob pulled out a gun and shot at Doug, hoping he'd hit him.[/quote]
After this, Doug's player can choose if Bob hit him or not, which means we won't have a user angry that his character was killed before he could do anything.
These are, actually, the only iron-set rules we have. The rest of the things on this list are simply guidelines, ones we hope you'll follow, as it'll make everything funner for everybody.
4. Proper spelling and grammar is highly encouraged. While we won't order the death sentence for a missed capitalization, we would really prefer if you kept an eye on what you're writing; Other people have to read it too.
5. While we're not -too- adult, here, there is some content on Pax which involve cussing, violence, and such, so please make sure you're old enough, or have your guardian's or parents' permission.
And again, I hope these won't be an issue, and I would very much dislike banning somebody.
Find the latest information about the board here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1