The Shroud

Laur
Level 3
Level 3

Re: The Shroud

Post by Laur » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Unbeknownst to most a particular mature woman of mature stature had been observing them through abilities she vaguely understood, despite her pool of previously gained knowledge.

Presently she sped towards the group, cresting atop a tall snowdrift whilst seated upon a reclaimed hoverbike from Blackstar heading on a direct collision course with a member of these were-creatures. However she proceeded to stop short of colliding with them.

Although presenting the appearance of being entirely human in body shape with long, dark brown hair flowing behind her helmet this being projected a dampening field that extended for two metres directly around her circumference once near these creatures. She hoped it would temporarily strip them of their abilities whilst in her direct presence.

vibribbon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vibribbon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:44 pm

((I'm still here and doing this by the way - delay sprung up due to having to travel + surgery. I'll be getting on this tonight))

vibribbon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vibribbon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am

"Fine - I'll tell you two this in confidence. It was more then a decade and a half ago. There was General Horrigan and Ms. Darcmyre. Then a six star general for the Confederated forces, and the planet's biggest fashion mogul. Never would you find a more fitting match in hell."
____

It seems that while the creature's strength and agility is improved that it's not some powerhouse. Plasma, especially at point blank, is especially deadly. It only realizes how dead it is when it's too late, morphing back to a human form at the last minute...

The Floran quickly fells the one attacking her. Great shot, Eltra, but your friends are still in the thick of it!

____
"The General ... he needs no introduction. I know she's talked about him in passing to you, Tom, and as Voltaire can confirm, it's all true. He's a bloodthirsty psychopathic tank of a man, and Darcmyre... oh, I can only tell you what I know. A slithering snake, she seems to have infused herself with genetic material from an extra-galactic race known as the Beyonders. A race of beings, incredibly intelligent but non-sentient. Massive psychic energy. Come from another galaxy with the intent of our demise. She seemed to have her own agenda of carrying out their will."

"And thankfully, she's dead. Well. I assume so. She talked to me a few times about this in passing. You see... Horrigan is impotent. He had an injury to the groinal area in the Oblivion Wars. This wouldn't do. Darcmyre wanted children. So behind his back, she slept with one of his head researchers"
___

From the 12, six have turned into altered forms. From the six, three remain. One killed by the Floran, another by the combo of Jinx and Bill, and a third brutally by the berserked Commandant. The other half begin losing one or two men by way of them running dry on rounds and running.

___
"So the story goes, when Horrigan found out, he was mad as fire. Made a messy display of the man. Darcmyre left him after that, apparently had the kids on her own..."

Voltaire speaks up. "Kids... More den one?"

"Don't interrupt. Yes. You see, Suvanka has a sister. Ruki, for whom blames Suvanka for the death of her mother. Suvanka was stolen from the mogul. I don't know how, but Ms. Darcmyres medical file marks her as deceased. Ruki on the other hand I only hope is deceased - she has the same genetic injections from the Beyonders that her mother had. Seems to wish to carry out their will, too. I have seen the two fight before. They were fighting on a starcruiser. Being quick, our dear leader threw her out an airlock. Mission accomplished? I suppose, but despite the best efforts from the Astrojockeys, no body was found..."
___

Stopping short of roadkilling a fourth Chosen, the creature looks in horror as it morphs back to a human form. This horror is short lived, as one of the Commandant's mechanical tendrils grab the being and fling him far, far away. Wherever he lands will certainly be fatal.

The red, ocular light in her right eye fades as she grips her head. Mechanical tendrils retracting back into her, It seems the dampening field is having a moderate effect on her mechanical augmentations. She takes a few steps back from the field. "If you don't turn that thing off..." she politely comments, grabbing her pistol and loading something into it "...Then I'm putting the next shot between your eyes". She continues to step back.
___
"Ruki is usually seen with an alter - some type of astral projection, this literal catgirl, Sadiki. Must be some effect of DNA-grafting the genetic code from the Beyonders into her. Not wanting to be outdone, Warmaster General Alexander Horrigan grafted an unstable AI into 'his' daughter. That's what you see. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you, LX-2 Rufescent!"

He looks out the window to see a more placated Suvanka. "Ah. Okay. Well, this seems to be solving itself out-"
___
She loads a single round into her revolver. Aiming the piece upwards, a bright blinding light flashes up to the heavens from her gun, holding for a half minute to the awe of the cultists. Even the recently transformed chosen are near hypnotized by the brightness. Starstruck, they stop firing.

"Listen up all you blue-robbed dregs of society! I'm giving each of you parasitic worms one final chance to surrender as prisoners of war! If any one of you fail to heed this order then I'm going to make absolutely sure that you are slowly and painfully tortured until your untimely demise! I'm giving you parasites to the count of five to-!"

She doesn't need to finish. Already they are throwing down their arms into the cold snow. The few Chosen remain stay in their form, as the alternative would be nudity in the cold. They still kneel in surrender.

((Sorry this took so long folks. Was waiting on DP for a while, and also had some real world issues to contend with. Visiting schools and having surgery done))

Laur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Laur » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Laurs bright and piercing blue eyes narrowed upon this young squirt presuming she could tell her what to do, but considered that to be of miniscule importance to the seasoned warrior. However, Laur in particular did not respond very well to threats, already having had her customised handgun loaded and out. Nor was turning away from this particular person, whom proceeded to aim her weapon with practiced quickness to the back of this presumptuous cyborgs head

"I do not take kindly to threats, especially not threats that make me think this side of yours is not of the best interests"