Strange Horizons

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Strange Horizons

Post by Coolpikaaa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:38 pm

"Yeah? And what did you do all night? Howl at things?" CP asked rhetorically. It didn't exactly sound like much fun either. "Where are we going and why, again?"

Apparently being out in the open has weakened his nerve some.

TheDarkPsycho
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Level 9
Level 9

Strange Horizons

Post by TheDarkPsycho » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 pm

As the group walks out the pub, the are greeted by what appears to be a beautiful day.

They turn right towards the new path. As they approach it, they see it has an arch over it, decorated with a green banner. On it is a black skull with a gold crown
Have you put it in the library yet?
The Great Library of Pax

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Strange Horizons

Post by Jent » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:37 am

"Perhaps Swix is also curious of the road that had appeared recently?" Jent asked openly. "See? There are already banners of some group over-seeing in that direction."

Directing their attention at the signs, the wavering symbols seemed to give a weird feeling in his mind. Like if... someone was watching.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Strange Horizons

Post by Swix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:54 pm

"No I didn't just 'howl at things'" Swix answered CPs rhetorical question anyway, annoyed. There were a lot of other things she could and did do as a wolf...

"Yep, that's right, that's the one I'm curious about" Swix answered Jent when he asked, stopping to look up and admire the symbols on the banners "I wonder who those belong to... oh well, I suppose we'll find out" The Split humanoid started walking down the path.

Laur
Level 3
Level 3

Strange Horizons

Post by Laur » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:38 am

Laur felt the presence of the three traversing the particular road she had deigned to go down, the once reluctant mutant turned her piercing gaze upon them as she decelerated her pace some to join with them ahead of the symbolic banners. The woman offered the group a carefully calculated non-threatening smile, then followed it up with the words:

"My apologies, however as we four appear to be intent upon exploring this particular path, would you object to my presence within your group? It has been a particularly long time since I had the pleasure of others company"

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Strange Horizons

Post by Jent » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Jent paused with the sudden confrontation by the stranger, apparently expecting her to be the silent type, stilling his breath as she spoke. "That-erm, wouldn't be a problem at all," he stuttered. "It's just saw these banners when I was fall-ah-walking back to the Encampment, seeing it out of place. But, of course join us! The more the merrier."

Still experiencing troubled dreams, visions most frequent at the stroke of dawn, Jent felt like a puppet tangled in its own strings. Nervous, he braced his head back with an arm. "Don't mind me, thoughts gone turning is all."

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

Strange Horizons

Post by Coolpikaaa » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:55 am

"I'm sure... that would probably be alright." The mouse eventuality told Laur in an attempt to make nice. His expresssions unfortunately didn't seem to match, as he sunk lower to Swix's head in nervousness. "Lets go see what we see then?" He asked, not content to stand around.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Strange Horizons

Post by Swix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Swix stared at the woman, frowning, then turned her head and began to continue walking down the path "I don't see why not"

Laur
Level 3
Level 3

Strange Horizons

Post by Laur » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:45 pm

"Very well" Laur acquiesced to the pair who seemed to be seeking solitude within this particular group of three, instead turning her attention upon the man that had volunteered a little more information upon his own initiative "Thoughts gone turning is a feeling I am particularly familiar with. Do you wish to expand upon these thoughts or would you prefer to continue on in silence?"