The Diary of Seranyl Undershine

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Seranyl Undershine

Post by Swix » Mon May 05, 2014 10:20 am

((The return of the diaries, this time in Skyrim. I might even put up some pictures, maybe. Oh and if you're wondering, I'm using Skyrim Unbound so my character's not the Dragonborn, won't absorb Dragon Souls and won't be able to learn any Shouts))

Day 1:

I have arrived in Skyrim, I was dropped off by a boat that fellow Dark Elf was working on at the docks in a small town called Dawnstar. It's terribly cold here, nothing like Morrowind, but at least it hasn't been ruined like my homeland. The snow that seems to be constant here is beautiful though. After leaving the boat I saw what is the head of the town-a Jarl, I believe-having an altercation with another woman and her bodyguard. I've heard about this rebellion, but the Jarl here seems to support it rather than the Imperials. On the other hand, the bodyguard and his ward didn't seem to really have anything against him or for the Empire, the entire basis of the argument was because of the guys armour.... anyway, I'm sure they can handle themselves.

I found work at the two mines here, on each side of the town. They don't seem to like each other either, but I have no qualms working both-double the pay and I can buy better weapons and armour right? I came down here with my own leather armour, minus the helmet that I lost at sea, a hunting bow and a small dagger. After the work I managed to buy a Steel Dagger and a Hide Shield, as well as rent a room at the Windpeak Inn. That would have been the end of it.... but another Dark Elf named Erandur who happened to be a Priest of Mara asked for my help in dealing with an issue plaguing the town. I don't think I'll be doing that tonight though, I'm exhausted after working the mines.

Day 2:

Todays has been... eventful, it;s now 2:30 AM and I'm finally back at the Inn. I heard a Daedra today, a Daedra! I didn't realise they were so prevalent here as well, even the innkeeper says that there's a Shrine of Azura here. I should go visit it sometime. Anyway, I visited the alchemist to pick up some potions before leaving with Erandur and the woman there asked me to find a ring of hers to help with alchemy. I'll soon be on my way to Windhelm anyway, to visit the other Dark Elves whilst I'm here and see how they're doing before I make my way to Riften, so I didn't see why not. Might even take the ring for myself for a bit...

Back to the main topic, I followed Erandur to Windcaller Temple where he opened up the secret door with a flame spell, Turns out, the people of Dawnstar were having nightmares and this was the only way to stop it. We had to get the Daedra Artifact insode and destroy it or the townspeople would go mad. We fought a lot of Orcs and Priests of the Daedra that had been sleeping and were woken up by our presence, before we then had to find a book and then I had to take this strange elixir that let me see the past and teleport in the present. I felt dizzy afterwards. We fought a lot more of these people, but then at the very end found some of Erandurs old friends lurking at the bottom. Erandur was the one who'd released the sleeping gases and then fled, leaving them to die. Understandably, they were very angry with him, and tried to kill us both! Then, he went and tried to destroy the Daedric artifact. Well, I had a little talk with Vaermina, and after what I'd heard about Erandur and his flight, there's no way I was going to let him turn on me. So I attacked him first, and took the Staff for myself.

Then when I was on the way back to Dawnstar, practicing my sneaking skill on the way, a Dragon flew over me on the road and started attacking! A Dragon! That breathed frost! It attacked me as I ran all the way back to Dawnstar, I thought I was going to pass out by the time I was insde and the guards had taken notice of the beast. I thought the cliff racers were bad enough, but here, a Dragon! I helped as best I could with my own bow, and it eventually wnet down, but I'm still shaking. I'm going to need a long rest now after that. But on the other hand, I have a Daedric Artifact

Day 3: I rose late today, but that's ok, I'm at another Inn now, Nightgate Inn, seems to be a quiet place, and it's right next to a beautiful lake. Suits me just fine. On the way out of Dawnstar I met a Khajiit Caravan coming the other way, and lucky for me they were willing to trade before they'd even set up shop! I sold as much as I could, including the gems I'd found in the mines, and then carried on. One of the Khakiit bodyguards warned me of Bandits on the road with a base nearby that had attacked them, and asked me to find his Moon Amulet because he couldn't go get it himself. I've got their Fort m,arked on my map, I'll be sure to avoid it for the time being.. I was attacked by wolves shortly afterwards, and then blue spiders that shot poison that felt as cold as the icicles and trees I keep seeing everywhere, but my bows and my shield and dagger soon made quick work of them. There was a fort on the way through, full of bandits, but I ran away from them. I don't need that sort of hassle right now. I've still got the Skull of Corruption though, I really want to use it, but such a gift from an Immortal I feel must be revered. I'll save it for emergencies.

Back on the road to Windhelm tomorrow.
Last edited by Swix on Mon May 05, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.