The Horn and Halo

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 pm

((This is just meant to be a fun meeting and relaxing place for all people-there's no goal and no plot))

A large, wooden building that had slowly but steadily sprung up in The Encampment was finally finished. It even boasted bedrooms on the second floor, whilst underground-one of the holes the dragon, Furnace, had dug-was full of all types of alcohol, non-alcoholic drinks, and even a type of bottled, synthetic blood. Some of this stuff was hard to come by, and therefore quite expensive. But the majority of it was cheap and cheerful-if not particularly strong.

The main room was full of carved wooden chairs and tables, some arranged in a semicircle around a fireplace and some in a purposely darker corner of the room. There were even windows in this place, though lacking in any sort of decoration. There was a bar near the back, the cellar entrance just behind that, and here the tavern owner (by way of the fact he carved most of it) was already fussing about the counter. It would soon be time to open.

At the main entrance stood two tall figures-one on the inside, and one on the outside. The one on the inside casually leant against the wall, with her furry arms crossed. This was Tala, the werewolf, currently in her 7ft tall, silver furred Were form.

Outside, a silver scaled draconian wearing a skintight, black one piece suit stood, rigidly awaiting the time to open the doors. This was Syllak, the sivak, and though she wasn't wearing her platemail armour today she did have her twin katanas strapped to her back. Above her, carved letters proudly declared this place to be called 'The Horn and Halo'. On the other side of the doors, there was a large piece of paper with the rules written on it, meant for everyone to read:

Patrons must not:

1: Punch, kick, scratch, claw, bite, poison, cast spells on or otherwise attack other patrons, for any reason, including completion of contracts. No matter who they are or what they've done-this is meant for all.
2: Draw any weapons of any sort.
3: Turn anyone-even willingly. Take that elsewhere.
4. Attempt to exert a psychic or mystical influence on another persons mind-we WILL know.
5: Threaten the staff.
6' Taunt or harm the resident fire-lizard, if/when she appears.

Do any of these things and you will be thrown out by one of our two lovely bouncers-who happen to be a werewolf and a draconian, so not much is going to get past them'

The sun hit the right position, and Syllak threw open the doors "The Horn and Halo is open!" she yelled with enthusiasm.

((You don't have to come in straight away after opening-it may well be best to start a bit later. Feel free to introduce and take control of NPC's including the tavernkeeper, and/or seeing Syllak or Tala throwing people out. Other than that you don't have to interact with these two if you don't want to-they're not here as my chars, they're here to 'keep the peace' ;). Have fun!))
Last edited by Swix on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:10 am

((I'm going to maybe say the Cp used here is from before TCiC, as I don't yet know the outcome of that one, yet. If this causes any sort of problem, gimme a nudge and I can tweak it a bit. :D))

Coolpikaaa, the ever so familiar electric rodent, was today milling about the newly opened building in The Encampment. He had come with a mission- Obtain a new base of operations.

One could argue he already had one, in the Furnace Caverns, but there was something about living underground with a handful of what was arguably Blackstar's top Rogues Gallery that didn't quite work out anymore. He had nothing against them, most had actually somewhat "bonded" in the course of time since arriving here, but it was a 'Conflict of Interests' so to speak.

Plus he needed fresh air once and a while.

So that lead to him being here, now. Bars, Taverns and the like typically had rooms for rent, right? He wasn't one hundred percent sure if that tradition had been one to cross over, but it was worth a shot, and if so, beat living in a tree.

Glancing briefly at the rules, Cp took note that they hadn't included the word "Shocking" anywhere, and stepped in with a grin. Always be able to claim innocent. A fairly standard rule.

The incredibly wooden looking room he had stepped into was already taken up by a handful of inhabitants, despite the early morning. If you needed booze, you needed booze, he figured. Moving quickly as to not be stepped on by a few dancing drunks, Coolpikaaa headed toward the bar counter, and with great difficultly managed to pull himself onto a stool meant for those much bigger than him.

"Hey uh? I'm looking to get a room?" he said, trying to get the attention of whoever was behind the counter. After a few moments without any sort of response, he tried again much louder, while quickly casting an annoyed glance at a small group who was singing loudly.

"Drunks." he thought with a sigh.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 pm

The tavernkeeper was busy polishing what was left of his pint glasses on the far side of the counter to where CP had struggled to stand on one of the chairs, whistling cheerfully along with the singing drunks. He was relatively tall and muscular for a human, sporting dark hair, a moustache and twinkling eyes. He seemed like the kind of guy who was pleased to see everyone-and gave a great smile of delight at seeing CP stood by his counter as he bustled over to greet him. "Hello and welcome to the Horn and Halo, my little carving of this world. Yes, yes, we do rent out rooms to patrons-you're the first person to ask for one. You must be Coolpikaaa, right? Most people seem to know you in some way. Especially one of the staff. Anyway" he finally pulled out a pen and paper from underneath the carved counter "I'm assuming you're gonna want one with a window?"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm

The doors to the Horn and Halo burst open as a lone figure dressed in a black robe bolted through them, and processed to hug the wall next to them for dear life. There was a wild, terrified look in the young mans eyes and as he scanned the room, caught the eye of the bartender and desperately shook his head and put a finger to his lips. Shortly afterward another figure slammed the doors open, and an angry looking man took a quick look around the room before storming up to the bar. This other man was gruff looking, and sported light armour and an axe. Messy, ginger hair poked through a leather cap, and an equally messy beard parted as he bellowed at the Bartender.

"WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS THAT LITTLE RAT?!"

A took a look behind himself, hoping to spot the young man. Anyone paying attention would notice that he had seemingly vanished. Irenaeus had not vanished, but he was very good at hiding. He prayed to any deity that may have been listening that the bartender had a heart... or at least kept his trap shut when he inevitably discovered Irenaeus hiding behind the bar.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

"Yeah, that's me." Cp replied, impressed he held some kind of reputation among the locals. "Sure, a window would be great. I don't exactly need a lot of space, maybe your smallest room might do..."

Or even perhaps a small closet...

"Err, wait, Did you say something about one of the Sta-?"

"WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS THAT LITTLE RAT?!"

Well, so much for a peaceful day out. Breathing a sigh, Coolpikaaa turned in his chair to face whatever angry villager was currently mad at him. Oddly enough, he hadn't recognized the voice, which was actually pretty new as far as making enemies went.

"Look... I'm sure whatever I did-" Cp started, before noticing the figure cowering behind the counter. "Huh-?"
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:55 pm

"Not you! The bastard that ran in here! Didn't you see him?!"
The man was looking around again, trembling with anger. He began to walk around and look under tables and chairs.
"The swine ran in here, and now he's hiding! He was wearing a black cloak!"
He was running around now, and threw over a table in anger.
"COME OUT! You won't get away with what you did! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BREAK HIS LEGS!"
Irenaeus was shocked to hear this. He certainly hadn't done anything, so it must have been... him Unfortunately this realisation was followed by the movement of his lips and a voice that wasn't quite his.
"Well then he should have paid his protection money, shouldn't he?" Sneered a harsh, nasty voice.
"Shut up shut up shut up!" Whispered another, softer voice as Irenaeus clasped his hand over his mouth.
Last edited by Borg12345 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

"Not you! The bastard that ran in here! Didn't you see him?!"

Uh...

The angry villager was obviously looking for the hiding man Cp's eyes were currently fixed on, although he wasn't quite sure if he should reveal that fact yet. The fellow in hiding looked perfectly innocent enough, terrified even. It was pretty doubtful that whoever this was had been capable of doing the crimes he was blamed of...

"Well then he should have paid his protection money, should he?"

"Shut up shut up shut up!"

Coolpikaaa stayed fixed, mouth open, with an incredibly stupid look on his face.
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 pm

The angry man paused, and slowly turned to CP.
"You're hiding him ain't ya?! Where is he?!"
He stormed up to CP and grabbed him.
"Spit it out! Where is he and why are you hiding him?! Does the Family have you under their thumb too?"

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Cp was caught off guard, lifted out of his seat violently.

"You're hiding him ain't ya?! Where is he?!"

Cp had planned to stay out of this conflict, a simple observer in the matter. Yet, the guy simply had to go and lay hands on him.

He really shouldn't have done that.

Moving with impressive speed, the electric mouse wriggled out of the attacker's grasp, pouncing with a two footed kick right to the nose. The force provided enough momentum for the electric rodent's small frame to carry, and he slid back to relative safety on the wooden counter.

"I DO NOT have anything to do with your search!" he yelled, sparking aggressively. "I'm just here to get a freaking room!"
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Irenaeus couldn't cower behind the counter anymore, someone else was getting hurt because of his inaction.
"Leave him alone!" he cried. "This has nothing to do with him!"
The angered man stared at him, puzzled.
"You look like him... but you're not him! Where'd he go?!" Demanded the man.
"What? No it is!"
"Oh that's low even for the Family... fine then, I'll leave a message of my own!"
And Irenaeus could do little as he was pounced on and beaten to a pulp right behind the counter. The world faded to black, and he accepted the sweet embrace of unconsciousness happily.

When he was done, the man got up, brushed himself off, and walked to the door. Before he left, he turned to CP again.
"Pfft, maybe I'd better get everyone to set mouse traps for the likes of you..."
And with that he left, leaving Irenaeus bleeding on the floor.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Coolpikaaa rolled right off the counter as the angry man took a leap forward, finally noticing the other one hidden behind the counter. Before he could climb back up, or do anything, the earlier foe laid a quick beat down on the boy and began to leave, though not wordlessly.

"Pfft, maybe I'd better get everyone to set mouse traps for the likes of you..."

Cp was once again left with his mouth open in shock. That was a new low, it seemed. Or perhaps the electric rodent was just used to dealing with villains who had some... class.

"Hey?! You? Are you okay?!" he yelled, trying to get the attention of the unconscious fellow slumped behind the bar. "Can anyone help him?!"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Irenaeus wouldn't stir. Gurganus on the other hand coughed up some blood, and whispered something.
"Urrrg... don't worry, he'll get whats coming to him. A couple o' the boys are probably baggin' him and grabbin' him as we speak."
Gurganus looked around as best he could, and tried to focus on CP.
"I take it Irenaeus, being the sentimental idiot he is, stepped in to stop someone else taking the fall eh?" growled the nastier voice.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Coolpikaaa once again noticed a tone change as the downed man spat out some blood. What was wrong with this guy?

"Bagged and grabbed?" he asked, genuinely confused with what was going on.

"I take it Irenaeus, being the sentimental idiot he is, stepped in to stop someone else taking the fall eh?"

"Err..." Cp started, at first thinking Irenaeus must have been the name of the guy who had put down the pounding. It didn't seem to make sense, and the conclusion that he was slowly reaching didn't make much either.

"Wait... are there two... of you in there?"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Gurganus coughed again.
"Heh heh, yea that's right. M' name's Gurganus."
He lifted up a bloody, broken hand.
"Ahh..."
He put it down and stared up at the ceiling, trying to ignore the pain.
"So what- what happened?" Gurganus asked between coughs. "You sta-stand up to the disgruntled visitor or- or something?"

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 pm

"I'm Cp." he said, looking down at the battered body. No one had stepped forward to help yet, and there wasn't much he could personally do to ease the pain...

"You sta-stand up to the disgruntled visitor or- or something?"

"Yeah, I did. Though, I guess you can say you did too..." he said, glancing as the the person with two personalities tried to move a broken hand. "Uh... Can I help you in anyway?"
Last edited by Coolpikaaa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.