The Diary of Shirishi

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:41 pm

((Just a bit of fun, and also for a bit of practice as I feel a bit rusty as far as my writing goes, I thought it would be interesting and I hope, amusing, to write down my characters experience of the Dark Elves homeland in diary form.
Enjoy

Oh and feedback is always appreciated))

Day 1:

I woke up to the voice of a man today, upon opening my eyes I was confronted by the red eyes and dark blue skin of a shirtless Dark Elf. Apparently I'd been asleep for the whole trip. The strange thing is I don't remember even getting on it, never mind anything before, but the looks of the depths of the ship, my companion, and the heavily armoured guard that came down to fetch me, were enough to tell me we were prisoners.

I could see nothing else to do so I followed the guard to the top of the deck, where I could see buildings, houses, more heavily armoured humans-a darkly tanned Redguard and another lightskinned Imperial-along with what looked like some kind of giant flea off in the distance. Yep, seriously-a giant flea.

The Imperial human asked me what I was, since he didn't have the paperwork. I'm sure he was just messing me around for the sake of it-it's not like he couldn't plainly see I'm a female Khajiit, my pointy cat ears and fur should have been a dead giveaway, really. I went inside and had to tell yet another Imperial my birthsign and profession, before taking that to another guard so that they would finally let me go. So much paperwork for such a simple thing! I hope the rest of Morrowind isn't this bad for beaurocracy!

Anyway, I got a package to take to someone in a different city, but I think I'll explore this Seyda Neen a bit more first. I already found a magic ring and a dagger at the Customs and Excise Offices they sent me through, along with some gold from a, ah, locked chest. Well, if they will insist on leaving lockpicks so close by someone was bound to take advantage of it, sooner or later, might as well be me.

I also found a bed in the cellars of the offices, in among all the food and drink stores. Seemed like quite a strange place to put a bed, but it's perfect for a catnap, I'm exhausted after all that, and the best thing about it is that it!s not likely anyone will check in here for unexpected guests.
Last edited by Swix on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Day 2:

I met a lot of people today, there are a lot of races all mixed in in this village, and they're pretty friendly. Unfortunately they all tell me that the rest of Morrowind isn't as friendly to non-Dunmer. Sounds like this place is going to be interesting, at least.

Speaking of which, I was approached by an Imperial Guard whom I think was a Nord whilst I was exploring the town, he asked me to help him recover some gold, I told him not a chance. Then I met the poor sap of a Wood Elf he'd been fleecing for protection money. Maybe I was just feeling vindictive towards the Empire, or maybe I was just feeling sorry for him, but I gave him the ring I found-apparently it was an heirloom of his and he was really broken up about it.
I almost regret it now-that ring could have come in useful, but on the other hand he put in a good word for me at the Tradehouse so I bought a new set of chitin armour.

I went up to the lighthouse as well, and found a High Elf lurking on the ground floor. I don't know why she was there, surely if she was looking after it she'd be near the top? Her lunch was near the top, so I guess she might have been taking a break. The view from the lighthouse is spectacular, but, after I'd stolen the creepy Elfs lunch I felt the need to move on.

So, I made my way over to the giant flea-which is called a silt strider apparently and used to travel around here-and rode it to Balmora with it's handler. By the time we got there it was already dark, so I headed for the first Inn I could find, The Council Club.

The patrons were, well, less than welcoming but the owner seemed to run the place like any other Inn.

But, I'll definitely be sleeping light tonight, just in case.
Last edited by Swix on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Borg12345 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Heh heh, this is really cool! I shall be following this closely. :D

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:53 pm

((Heheh, thanks Borg, it's good to know Shirishi will be having a regular reader :D))

Day 3:

I'm still alive, although I'm not sure whether it was luck or The Council Clubs owner taking his business seriously that saved me from having my throat slit. It seems I managed to pick the worst possible place for an outlander to stay at last night, in Camonna Tong territory, and the patrons were quite happy to tell me they look forward to the day when their guild rises up against the Empire and 'murders all of you outlanders in your beds' before taking Morrowind back for the Dark Elves. I wanted to tell them I was about as happy to be dumped here as they were to see me, but I value my neck too much, so I left them to it. I won't be going back there again.

Most of the rest of today has been something of a blur, this is a brilliant city to hone some of my skills. I did a lot of sneaking and lockpicking today, as well as a lot of bartering. I got some far better clothes than these rags I've been walking around in, and a magical amulet.

I met the Thieves Guilds steward today (another Khajiit, how excellent) and wasted no time in joining them. Even the natives agree that the Western organisation is more honourable than their native rivals, the Camonna Tong. Besides, if my deceit is ever discovered by the authorities I now know contacts who can sort that out.

I found the man I was to deliver the package to-an Imperial agent called Caius Cosades. I wondered why everyone in town was referring to him as an old sugar tooth and now I know. He's a skooma user, a type of addictive drug found here made from Moon Sugar. I got inducted into the Blades, Imperial spies, thanks to that package. Unfortunately. He seems to think I owe the Empire my life, which would probably make more sense if I could only remember.

Caius reeled off a list of other Blades members and told me I could use his bed anytime. To be quite honest, just seeing the state of his room was enough to stop me from wanting to stay anywhere near him even if it was free. He told me I should get a cover story and develop my skills some more before they'd have anything for me to do. Charming. I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for this.

Anyway., I sought out one of the local Blades instead, an Argonian named Nine-Toes, and after selling the Moon Sugar he offered to boost my funds to, shall we say, a less fussy trader, I returned to take advantage of the offer of a free bed.

Nine-Toes might be a lizard, but he keeps a far better house than the Spymaster.

Why didn't I just throw that package away?
Last edited by Swix on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Borg12345 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Heh, I've never thought of doing something like this before but it really brings a game to life! I wanna try now but I'd feel like I was copying you. :P

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 pm

((Aw, go on, I'd love to see someone else do something like this, especially with these types of open, free roaming games. Because they'd all be unique anyway ;)))

Day 4:

I decided that I wouldn't even think about the Blades today, so I busied myself doing tasks for the Thieves Guild. They were all fairly straightforward, steal a diamond, get a key to a Nobles mansion, that sort of thing... And then there's the reason that I'm now on the road halfway between Seyda Neen and a small coastal village called Hla Oad. Someone has been keeping Dwemer artifacts (basically, anything the extinct mythical dwarf race created) from the Guild. Worse, it's a fellow member. I have a horrible feeling this task will not end well.
Hm, my diary entries seem a bit morbid tonight, but anyone would be morbid if they'd seen what I saw when I left Seyda Neen. I was trying out my new chitin shortbow as I came out of town, but I'd barely gone a few paces when I heard a voice screaming from above, quickly followed by it's owner, who died on impact with the ground. A quick search of the body told me what had happened-he was a Nordic mage who'd been the victim of experimenting with scrolls. I took his helm, which I think makes me look ridiculous as it's bright yellow, but there aren't many helms around that'll fit me, the very nice enchanted sword he had and the scrolls responsible. I'm not gonna be foolish enough to use them myself (not that I could if I wanted to) but I'm sure I can find someone who'd be interested in them.

Oh, I tried my hand at homemade potions today too, the results were... mixed. Who'd want a potion of Water Breathing that makes you tired, or a potion of Water Walking that hurts with every step taken? I think I need more practice.
Last edited by Swix on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Day 5:

I've found a lovely little damp alcove that nobody else seems to want to risk coming to, judging by the unfortunate underwater skeleton of the last person who tried not far from here. Although I definitely won't be sleeping here more than tonight, it's secluded enough to be great for stashing loot.

Seems I was right to be apprehensive of my task-it turns out Hla Oad is not only owned by House Hlaalu, it's also Camonna Tong territory. Even so, I found my contact without incident, but he claimed to have no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the Dwemer artifacts.. He didn't even claim to have lost them or not recieved them though, so I'm pretty sure he was lying. I've been up and down Hla Oad looking for the artifacts, and though I did find some clothes in a barrel underwater, I can't seem to find them. There're only two places I have left to check

Whilst I was diving, I got attacked by this vicious little fish. The Sparksword made short of work of it, but I did see a guard jump in to the water and start swimming out towards me during the scuffle. I wasn't sure whether to be relieved, insulted or alarmed (that bonemold armour of theirs looks heavy).

I also found Camonna Tong members lurking underneath the local traders, under a trapdoor behind my fellow Khajiit contact and out of the line of sight of the tradesman. One of them asked if I would be willing to deliver a slave to Balmora for him. I guess it's good they don't know my associates but, I'm not sure how I feel about slavery so I'm not sure what I should do. I'm even less sure after seeing how badly the slave was being treated-another fellow Khajiit. If they're both still there once I've finished with this messy guild business then I'll come back and see what I can do here.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am

Day 6:

I'm exhausted, and it's not because it's late. It's because I've been run out of town thanks to the trader reporting me. Well, I suppose it's the Dwemer artifacts that really started it all off.

The only two places that I hadn't checked for the artifacts were the two chests in the shop-one behind my contact and one in front. So after I emerged from my watery sleeping chamber I went straight to the shop.

I set about picking the lock of the chest behind my contact, as there was a beam between me and the trader he wouldn't have been able to see me. Apparently I wasn't being sneaky enough, because my contact soon set upon me with nothing but his bare hands! He must have been desperate to keep what he'd done a secret to do that. We both fought hard but I won in the end, all out of sight of the merchant-until the body fell to the floor. I quickly retrieved the key to the chest I was trying to pick from the body, grabbed all the artifacts and then hightailed it out of there. The guy had already reported me and was gearing up to finish off what the lying guild member had started.

Once outside the guards all came running after me (Dark Elves are certainly efficient) and, since I didn't particularly want to get caught I ran out of town and didn't stop until a crazily angled ruin caught my eye.
The guards had stopped chasing me by then so I thought I may as well have a look at it whilst I was there. The entrance to it wasn't all that easy to find, I had to follow the walls around and go in through the one opening to the ocean. There was a heavily armoured Orc carrying a weapon as big as she was walking around, and a heavily armoured human near the top of some stairs, so I decided to curb my curiousity there and then and leave. The Orc running at me and screaming helped with the decision too.

I decided to take a different route to Balmora than the main path, further north and over the mountains looked rougher but shorter, and there would be less chance of a guard spotting me if I didn't enter through the main gate.

The trek forwards on the plains but hugging the cliffs, was relatively peaceful until I spotted a reptilian bird up ahead, a Cliff Racer.. I'd heard these things were vicious so I pulled out my bow and started shooting at it. That was a bad mistake on my part, since I caught it's attention that way. The Cliff Racer tore my flesh to bloody ribbons before I managed to kill it. Which is why I'm now resting after tending my wounds from the fight- even despite the armour. I won't be underestimating Morrowinds wildlife again.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Day 7:

Today, started at last night, as I woke up in the middle of it after passing out due to my wounds. I didn't feel at all tired then so I continued trekking towards Balmora. It wasn't long before I came across a herd of at least five Kagouti, which are two legged animals with massive tusks on either sides of their large jaws. They're also about as tall as your average race, so I really didn't want to mess with five of them.

I set about sneaking past them, using rocks jutting out of the cliffs to help with keeping me out of their sight. It was slow going, but it was working! I'd just got past the very last of them when I, foolishly, decided I'd had enough sneaking and began to run away from the herd.

It seemed to work, so I resumed a normal walking pace to cope with my exertions.

It wasn't long after that I began to get the feeling that something was, well, wrong. I looked around to the sides and I could see nothing. Then with a growing sense of danger I turned to look behind me.

I came face to face with one of the Kagouti herd, barely a foot away from me, giving me an excellent view of it's teeth!

Needless to say, I then turned and ran as fast as my paws could carry me. There was no way I was going to outrun the thing, so I headed for some rock outcroppings on the cliffsides and jumped up to the top of them as quick as I could.

I peered over the edge to see the Kagouti pacing about on the lowest rock. I'm lucky I'm a good runner and jumper, and it couldn't climb very well, any slower and it would have had me. But it was down below, and up above was too steep for me to get over, so I had to pull my bow out and unload my arrows into it. It took even more punishment than the Cliff Racer before it went down, and it wasn't until after that I realised just how lucky I was. When I came down from my perch to see if I could take anything from the body, I found it to be diseased. I don't know what it had, but it was so bad that I couldn't salvage anything from it. I must be luckier than I thought.

After that excitement, the rest of the way to Balmora was tame. Even when I found a place to clamber over into the city I didn't come across any more big, dangerous creatures.

Oh, the Hlaalu Guard in Balmora lucky enough to spot me came running but, I'd come over close enough to the South Wall cornerclub that it only took a short sprint to reach the haven. Downstairs, I got the bounty sorted by Phane Rielle (1200 gold!) for half the price, then it was upstairs to see Habasi and finally get rid of these artifacts. I got 1000 gold for my trouble though so it wasn't all bad.

I got another task to do as well (after the highly disturbing one to rob a murdered mans house for his Cyrodiilic Brandy), I have to free one of our members from an Imperial prison in Pelagiad. After the incidents with the wildlife I've been sticking closer to the paths.

I sold my loot and the ah, total failures of potions I'd made to the various traders in Balmora before I set off, following the river and path next to it to it to Pelagiad.

Which is where I am now, camped out on a riverbank listening to the water. It should be a peaceful night tonight-if I'm not interrupted by bugs and rodents.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Day 8.

I'm starting to think the Vvardenfell District has a penchant for making people crazy. I know that Morrowind is supposed to be the native land of the Daedra but this is getting ridiculous.

I found two doors leading to what I assume were caves of some sort and both times got chased back out the second I put a paw inside! And it wasn't jvst the Dark Elves doing it either. I mean, if whatever's inside causes people to react like that to outsiders then surely they should put a warning sign on the door. It'd be more useful than the long
names scrawled on them anyway.

I was so paranoid by that time I snuck up on a group standing about a fire, rather than approch them directly.

Turned out that I needn't have worried so much that time, they were just friendly eggminers. Their kwama colony was even doing so well that they invited me to have a look around. They even said I could harvest any eggs I found, just so long as I didn't attack the workers-who wouldn't 'bother me' or the queen.

Kwama eggs are an ingredient for potions, so I took the miners up on their offer.

Inside the nest I found more eggs than I could carry, and had to cut down kwama foragers (sharp toothed worms) as I went, as well as the occasional scrib, although those big jawed insects mostly left me alone. I saw quite a few workers too, and frankly I don't know why anyone would risk attacking them. They look very strong and extremely tough.

The real trouble didn't start until I entered the queens lair, where I was once more set upon by people I had done nothing at all to. Well, two miners and one kwama soldier that was spitting venom. Now, one or two miners I could probably handle but not with their... backup. So it was time for me to run. Again.

It was dark by the time I'd made it outside but there was no way I was sleeping anywhere near the Shulk Eggminers after that, so I walked a bit further upriver.

I'm now camped just outside the Dark Elf family Thorys' Tomb.

I'm going to sleep on it before I decide whether I want to risk looking in it. People say the Dark Elves way of protecting their burial sites is too close to necromancy for comfort.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Day 9

I have managed to get myself stuck on a tiny island, on a large lake, just outside of Pelagiad. And it's all that damn Dark Elf womans fault.

As I suspected my trip into Thorys Tomb didn't go so well. I was expecting perhaps skeletons or zombies of some sort (or maybe some more people that want to kill me for no reason) but I got something worse. I got ghosts, which I suppose was a change, but at least I could do something about the usual threats. Here, neither the Sparksword nor the lightning magic from the amulet hurt the things, so there was nothing for it but to run again. Lucky the Dunmer bind their guardians to their resting places.

After that I walked, and walked, and walked some more. I cut down a few bugs and rodents sure, but there wasn't much else about. I walked until I came across a Dunmer woman standing in the middle of a crossroads. She was desperate to get to some religious site where someone called Vivec was supposed to have walked, and she was afraid to go any further alone She even marked it on my map. It didn't look all that far out of the way, just going around a large lake, so I told her I'd come with her.

And then it was time for more walking, except this time when the Cliff Racers and other smaller creatures attacked I had a little help. Unfortunately it was noisy help, as she screamed 'you n'wah' at everything.

We soon came across another woman, but a Breton this time, I feared for a minute that I might get another companion, but I was mistaken.

Turned out the woman had been robbed and far from being distraught wanted to see the guy again. So much so she gave her glove to me just in case I came across him.

People in Morrowind are... strange.

And after that there was more walking.

Finally we got to the womans Shrine and she decided to stay there. Which was good as I didn't think I could take any more of her yelling.

It was dark by then and from the looks of the map, I could make better time to Pelagiad by cutting across the islands on the lake.

Which is how I ended up here, on a little island fending off mudcrabs. I can't go back up the way I came down as it's too steep, and every time I try to leave the Slaughterfish show up. They're not all that hard to cut down, but when the one that was tearing at me is constantly being replaced by another there wasn't much else I could do but go back to the island.
Last edited by Swix on Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Borg12345 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Well this looks like an... interesting predicament you've gotten yourself into!

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 pm

((Yeah, interesting is a good word for it, just wait til you see how I got out of it :P))
Day 10:

Still on the island. There're mucksponges, marshmerrow and wickwheat around on this little patch of land that's barely big enough to hold me and the mudcrabs. Speaking of which, they keep jostling me for position. At least I'm not going to go hungry.

I did try setting off in different directions but the slaughterfish were being especially vicious today, so it was back to the island for another night

I think I'm going to need some help to get off here.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Day 11

Still here, on the island, fending off mudcrabs. However I did see the ground starting to rise up not too far away from here, when I had to dive to fight the slaughterfish properly. Well I say not too far, it's actually far enough away that the sharp toothed devils would have done me in before my paws could ever find a purchase.

I'd been using the time to experiment with making my potions when a Cliff Racer took exception to my being here, so I'm going to take a rest before I can attempt my plan.
Last edited by Swix on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Diary of Shirishi

Post by Swix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Day 12

Finally, I'm off that damn island and back on the mainland. I'm so glad to just be out of the water that I'm not going to spend the night in Pelagiad, which I can just about see from where I am. I'm going to spend it outside, in the middle of the mainland nature. Although my plan didn't quite happen as I'd thought it would.

I was interrupted from my rest last night by a Kagouti of all things. I'm not sure how it managed to get on to that island but there was barely enough room for us both, and it didn't seem willing to share judging by the way it kept snapping at me. So I was left with two choices: stay on a tiny island and risk getting killed quickly by an angry animal, or risk my chances in the water where I would get torn to pieces slower, but where the bigger creature wouldn't follow.
So I did what any other sensible person would do. I leapt into the water.

Fortunately, the potions I made yesterday had yielded two that would grant the ability to walk on water.

As expected they hurt, but, not as much as what would happen if I stopped, so I ran over the lakes surface until the effects wore off. I did this twice, and still ended up waist deep in water being attacked. But, I finally had a way back up and not even that last one determined fish was going to stop me getting there!

So once it was dealt with by the Sparksword I turned and ran until I could barely see the lake anymore.
Last edited by Swix on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.