The Horn and Halo

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm

"I refuse." Doctor 5 grinned, apparently relishing Fade's resistance to his plan. "If you find that unsatisfying you should never have entered into a contract with me without stipulating the conditions first; remember that I hold all of the cards, so to speak."

He chuckled to himself, greatly amused by his own wordplay. "Whether I understand your concerns or not is irrelevant - this is strictly business! Let's quickly recap: when you first approached me moments ago my exact words were, as you may or may not recall, 'I am keen to enlist your services, if you are who I have been led to believe you are'. At no point did I specify what those services were, and yet accepted the contract without hesitation..." He thought to add some stinging remark after reminding Fade of this, but decided not to. Why specify when you can insinuate?

"I went on to establish that I would 'safely retrieve my card from you once our business is complete'. In other words, so long as our business is not complete, I will not safely retrieve my card from you..." He leaned forward at this point, eyes narrowing, and whispered harshly. "And our business is not complete until you sign the dotted line."

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Swix (page 1)</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>((This is just meant to be a fun meeting and relaxing place for all people-there's no goal and no plot))[/quote]((I feel like I kind of ruined the point of this thread, hahaha :p ))

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 pm

((Well, I'm having fun :P. I'm sure all three of us are, right? ;)))

"That is all I wanted to hear" Fade said after the Doctors recap. She did recall, but she wanted to hear the words from the reptilian specifically, especially if he was going to quote what had and had not been said as contractual.

Though the assassin did understand the insinuation, she did not react to it nor comment on it. But she would bear in mind to be more cautious in the future. Fade was not so proud she couldn't admit and so learn from her mistakes.

Fade removed a pen from her pocket rather than request one from the reptilian, and had the nib hovering over the dotted line for very few seconds before signing it, Fade.

"Now that this business is finished" Fade said, putting the pen away and instead bringing out Doctor 5s card "retrieve your card from me. Safely. As you stipulated you would at the completion"

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 am

"But of course..." Doctor 5 replied, reaching out for the card. However, instead of taking it carefully in his hand, he carelessly knocked it away. "Oops, how clumsy of me&#33;"

The card fell, hitting the table and falling flat, face up. The words on the card had not changed, yet clearly nothing was happening. Doctor 5 grinned away, smug as ever, as he expected that the true nature of the card should now dawn on Fade. "Magic ink, Headmaster&#33;" He cackled as he retrieved the signed documents and hastily shoved them along with the folder he'd left on the table back into his bag. "Much cheaper and easier to implement than explosives, and yet just as effective against schemers like yourself, who suspect and fear the machinations of others."

He burst into a fit of raucous laughter, unable to contain himself any longer.

((For those curious, the card was originally sent to Swix as a PM, and you can read its contents below:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">By accepting this card, you have entered into a contract with

Doctor 5, M.D.

Please note that this card is a powerful explosive, rigged to go off the second it leaves your personage.</div>))
Last edited by 3kul on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Tala took a few more laps of her drink, she relished the scent of the mixture and the sounds of the bar around her as she thought, then rested the half full glass on the side.

"My homeworld had it's share of xenophobes despite the multitude of different ones that lived there. Some of them even started wars over it. In some ways I'm glad to be elsewhere" she said, sighed, and swivelled one of her pointed ears forwards and backwards as she thought "I'd say that the chance of it being a higher power is as likely as a scientific phenomena. You haven't been offworld before then? Must be tough. Do you miss your home?"

<hr />

((OMG... Only you could have manipulated Fade with nothing more than a harmless piece of card&#33; :O... and me too. I stand in awe, 3kul, Master Manipulator))

If Doctor 5 was expecting to get a reaction out of Fade when he so casually knocked the apparently deadly card out of her hand to the floor, he'd be disappointed once agbin. Fade did not move other than to watch the card fall with an expression of mild curiousity. If it had been as she had been led to believe, then it was unlikely her expression would have changed.

"Interesting" she commented when the reptilian told her what it was exactly that he had done. It wasn't that that caught her interest though-although being manipulated so easily was a serious concern-but the way the being so hastily retrieved the documents and hurriedly shoved them back into his bag.

"Suspicious of others motives? Always" Fade said "But fear? No Doctor, I do not fear,.as you have just had demonstrated through your own deception, not even my own death. I would rather it not end, much like any living creature, but I do not fear it" the assassin got up from her seat at this point, intending to leave the laughing reptilian and not finding the turn of events the least bit amusing. Not that her finding anything amusing happened often, or at all "Farewell, Second-in-Command" she said, and turned to leave.

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

The Horn and Halo

Post by Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 pm

The air shimmered behind the Doctor as a hand came softly down on his shoulders. Fingers lightly tracing across his left shoulder, to just under his neck, then to his right shoulder before pulling away. Soft chuckling could be heard, though nothing but a faint shimmering in the air could be seen. The shimmering increased, slowly giving way to the form of Lady Raven.

Her appearance had not changed much in the years of her absence, only her eyes had changed. The once bloody red had been replaced by a calmer, less austere violet. She grinned down at the Doctor and Fade, her sharp canines showing.
“My, my, my†She purred, gliding around the table until she was facing both Fade and the Doctor. “What do we have here?†She smiled, running her tongue over her fangs. Pouting slightly with an amused glint in her eye she addressed them.
“Can't a woman travel a little without being thought dead and gone?â€

Raven ran a hand through her long black hair and turned to Fade. “Fade, darling. So good to see you again.†She licked her lips with a mischievous glitter in her eyes. Her eyes turned towards the Doctor. “Doctor 5, was it?†She murmured, looking him up and down. “I don't believe we've met before... amazing, really. I already dislike you.†Her smile widened into a grin at this.

"I sincerely doubt our dearest Headmaster would appreciate you giving his power away... not that the contract is valid, of course." Raven circled the table again, a predatory glint in her eyes. "My presence creates the little dilemma in your contract." She paused her stalking, turning to look at them both again. "I assume the contract said something to the effect of Fade being the most senior member at the time?" She smirked. "Unfortunately for you, that's not quite true." Raven almost purred the last sentence and languidly resumed her circling of the table. "Furthermore" She continued still smirking to herself "Our esteemed Headmaster is on his way. That does put you in a bit of a bind, doesn't it?" Her eyes sparked dangerously and she was obviously enjoying herself.

On Lady Raven's engagement finger was an obsidian ring. Within the obsidian, a silver shine was to be seen. The Evil Council logo was implanted into it. She twirled the ring as she circled, finally standing still her violet eyes narrowed with anger towards the Doctor. “I applaud your bravery, dear, sweet Doctor.†Her voice had lowered to a growl. “Though, it could just as easily be stupidity. Really darling, trying to manipulate the Evil Council?†She laughed, amused by the idea. She smiled again, though it was a slightly feral smile. “I am impressed.â€

((SURPRISE&#33; Miss me? ;DD))
Last edited by Raven on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 am

((I did&#33; :D))

((But my chars might not feel as warm about it :P))

Fade stopped her momentum in midstride at hearing the familiar laughing behind the reptile. She turned back towards the Doctor in time to see Raven shimmer imto view and then simply proceeded to watch the fanged woman as she talked. It was interesting and yet strangely odd to see another being employ her particular speciality, even one as familiar as Raven.

Fade was content to listen to her fellow Council member, until she mentioned her little travelling trip that is, and the assassins watery grey eyes narrowed.

"It is most agreeable to see you again Raven" Fade returned the Ladys greetings with a voice as calm and cold as ever "but I must point out that when a person travels for years without providing any indication that they are alive, then those left can only logically assume one of two things. Either that person is dead, or that person has no desire to be found and wishes to remain lost. Years are a long time to some even in the Council. Not every lifeform is as immortal as you or as long lived as Fort. You should consider that next time you go on a little trip" The blue clad mutant reeled off, as far as she was concerned stating nothing but facts. It might come across as something other than that to emotional beings, but there was no malice, threat or frustration evident in her voice. Just the truth and a suggestion.

"As for what we have here... In that you are correct, the contract does run along that course. It also appears to be a blatant power grab by attempting to make the Commodore position official and a combined safety net upon the Doctors part. Since it does state 'on this day' your prerence does create something of a dilemma, despite the pair of us being under the impression it was correct during my signing" Fade then resumed her sitting position in front of the reptilian, though sideways so she could watch them both "If it is true Fort is on his way, when is this visit going to come? I would like to have words with him. If I find out that this is yet another deception that is not to my liking, I shall be embarking on a little trip of my own-and I shall take Swix and Furnace with me" Now that last part was definitely a threat, backed by the knowledge that she could pull that one off. Since she was pretty much promising to leave with what amounted to almost the current entirety of the known active EC on Pax, it would make both parties power struggle null and void. They wouldn't have anyone left to struggle to have power over. They could certainly struggle over titles if they wanted, as pointless as that would be.

It also might seem a bit harsh to those that had known The Evil Council during it's time in the old world, but Fade was and still is loyal to the Council itself. Not the individuals within it, although there were ones she had gotten along with much better than others. Individual hunger for power did not interest her. "I'd also like to know exactly how long you have been standing watching this discussion. The timing is interesting"
Last edited by Swix on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 am

((Seems I'm no match for a master lurker? Good to see you again Raven, even if you decide to show up at the worst possible time for this roleplay ;) ))

"I suppose so... unless you've remembered the contract's wording wrong." Doctor 5 chuckled, a sly grin creeping across his face as he tried to stifle his laughter. His eyes carefully looked her up and down, just to confirm that it was indeed her, although ultimately he had no real way of knowing. The relevance of the ring, if it had any, was lost on him; as far as he knew the Evil Council had no need for such items of identification. "Even then, there's always the possibility that my true goals lie elsewhere. Fade here can tell you that I'm not exactly transparent with my goals..."

He clearly had no problem with this confrontational situation, apparently quite eager to court danger with one of the Council's more infamously sadistic members, though he was quite careful to keep a hand firmly on his bag at this point in the conversation. "At the very least, one thing remains clear: without Fort you have no special ranking of any kind, so if you've got your heart set on seeing me sweat I'd suggest you find a way to speed up his arrival."

<hr />

"There are parts that I miss and parts that I don't miss, same as anybody I suppose..." Sal mused, taking another thoughtful swig on his beverage of choice before spitting it out everywhere as he spotted Raven appear out of nowhere. He coughed and spluttered, quickly attempting to reduce the amount of attention he was drawing himself. "Another of the infamous Evil Council?&#33;" He half-whispered, cursing his own poor fortune and now feeling a greater sense of dread about his victory over the reptile who seemed to be drawing villains like ants to honey.

"I hate to cut our conversation short but I think it would be wise for me to make myself scarce..." His bulbous eyes darted back and forth, examining the venue to try and determine the best possible exit. There was also, of course, the possibility that the human from before was waiting for him to leave - winning was certainly a troublesome thing&#33; "Do you have any recommendations on what one might do in a situation such as mine?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:13 pm

((I don't believe that master manipulator is 'no match' for master lurker for a minute. In fact I've heard you two are a pretty good match for each; other ;)))

Fades eyes narrowed again, at the reptiles suggestion that she had remembered the contracts wording wrong. "Hmm" she mused at the idea, tapping short trimmed fingernails on the table as she did so. "Even if it is possible that I remembered the contracts wording wrong Doctor, I have a witness" she stated, then left it at that.

She remained silent for the rest of the time, until "Indeed" Fade simply said, when the reptile told Raven that she could tell her that he was not transparent with his goals. "The Doctor is a slippery one"

<hr />

"Ugh" Tala said, as the smaller amphibian proceeded to spray his drink everywhere at seeing Raven appear. Luckily he seemed too busy trying not to draw attention to himself to notice her lupine snarl at getting splashed with that drink of his, or her rather frenzied attempt at removing the sticky liquid off her fur. She wasn't going to be able to scent anytthg until she got this rubbish off her.

"I was starting to wonder when another one was going to show up" Tala mused, almost calmly. Though she had to admit to herself even she was starting to get nervous. "Advice? Uh, well, personally I'd just turn into a wolf and sneak off in the opposite direction of trouble, but since you can't do that I guess you could go and hide in the cellar with that other guy until whatever's going on up here is over, this place doesn't have a back door yet. Or you could go out the front door and take your chances. I wouldn't worry too much about the human though, Syllak'll be out there right now watching him if he decided to wait. Besides, he left without picking up his gun"

((EDIT: Really sorry that took so long, I've been trying to post this for three days and kept getting interrupted :())
Last edited by Swix on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raven
Evil Council Member
Evil Council Member
Level 5
Level 5

The Horn and Halo

Post by Raven » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm

((It's no coincidence. I was warned, and couldn't resist annoying you. ;) I still haven't forgiven you for getting to SIC before me&#33; :P <3

Swix, Raven's a good match with everyone. ;D <3 ))

Raven's eyes flicked towards Sal, a smirk formed at his reaction. Turning back to Fade, she smiled softly. “I probably should have mentioned it at the time.†Raven began, sighing slightly.
“I apologise for any inconvenience it caused you, but I promise you it was worth it.†She pulled a chair towards her and sat down at the table. “I assure you, darling. I would not lie about this. He is in the area and should be along...†Her face scrunched up for a fleeting moment, barely noticeable. It was quickly replaced with a smug grin.

Raven dismissively flicked her hand to the side before placing her index finger on her lips, pondering. “Oh, I was just looking around. I only got back today, actually. Pure chance that I'm here, really.†She grinned, eyes light with mischief.

“Oh Fade has an excellent memory.†She purred. Her legs crossed and she leaned forward, her elbows on the table. Placing her face in her hands she smiled sweetly at the Doctor. “I'd trust her memory with my life.â€

As the Doctor spoke she kept her pose, simply smiling at him. She chucked and shook her head when he finished, and smiled once again at Fade. “Oh Doctor, do forgive me. I'm not here to thwart your goals.†Her voice was saccharine as she spoke. Lifting her head up and removing it from her hands, she began fiddling with the ring. “In fact, I would have no problem with Fade being our first Headmistress.â€

Raven's smile disappeared and her eyes narrowed.“I simply disagree with your last of respect towards my fellow Council member.†She hissed, her voice was venomous.

At his remark about the esteemed, glorious Headmaster she growled at him. “Our Headmaster will arrive when it suits him, not when it suits you, or me, or anyone else.†Leaning back, she smiled again, her stance relaxing. “Now, I believe it's time for me to get a drink. Would either of you like anything?†As she spoke, Raven rose from her seat to turn to the bar.

(( So sorry about the late reply&#33; I've been meaning to reply for about a week now, but things just kept popping up. Have I ever told you that I love you guys? <3 ))
Last edited by Raven on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 am

The doors to the inn swung open and heavy footsteps thudded across the room, leaving a trail of dirt behind them. The owner of the muddy boots didn't get cleaner as you looked up, the man was covered head to toe in dust and grime. His long brown coat was tattered and stained, his leather waistcoat was in quite a state and his wide brimmed hat was crumpled and battered. His black lensed goggles were covered in a fine layer of dust, bar where he'd been fruitlessly wiping them and even his beard was flecked with dirt. Markus the mercenary was in town and he looked thoroughly ticked off.

As he stormed across the main room he could be heard grumbling about something. Whatever that something was, the language was getting very colourful. Before long he angrily sat at a bar stool and with a grubby metal finger tapped the bar.

The doors stopped swinging shortly afterwards.
Last edited by Borg12345 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Fade watched Markus storm in from where she sat with the other villainous folk, raising a blue eyebrow somewhat at his appearance.

"Just a fruit juice will do me fine, my thanks, Raven" she replied to her fellow Councilmember, though she never took her eyes off the mercenary, nor did she move from her seat.

<hr />

The innkeeper eventually got to the mercenary, in a good mood after the amphibians generosity, as well as the fact this idea had turned out to be so popular. The woman who had popped into existence earlier had taken a seat and was now consuming a large amount of alcohol-though she didn't take her helmet off.

The owners face fell slightly at seeing the state the human was in, but he didn't let it stay that way for very long to try and keep the mood going, and offered Markus a cheery "What can I do for ya?"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Markus was thrown by the cheery reply. It wasn't sarcastic or surly or mixed in with a number of colourful words... and then it hit him.

"Ahhhh, I think I've made something of a mistake- oh dear..." Markus replied, sounding genuinely sorry. He cleared his throat.
"Erm, yes. I've sort of been spending the last few months in some right shi- erm, dives. I guess I forgot that not ALL bars are like that."

Markus looked back at the mess he'd made.
"If you could point me to somewhere I can get cleaned up I'd appreciate it, and I'll cover the cleaning bill for your inn too. My apologies."
He thought for a moment.
"And then I'll have a stiff drink." He finished with a scowl.
Last edited by Borg12345 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 pm

"Well, I'm very sorry to hear that, I'm sure" the innkeeper replied, sounding it "the room's upstairs contain 'cleaning up' areas, since you offered to pay the cleaning bill, you can use the free one... for free" the mustached man gestured to the stairs that lead up to the buildings rent-able rooms. "Stiff drinks are no problem here" he then commented, with a twinkle in his eye.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Borg12345 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 am

After a short while, Markus returned looking... well less dusty at least. He sat down at the bar again, and sighed.

"Never, ever make a deal with someone who says "I'm pretty sure we won't die". Seriously."
He paused for a moment.
"I did get this lovely piece of equipment though." he says, gesturing to what may be a gun slung across his back. "Cost an arm and a leg mind. Not my arm or leg of course..."