Campire Stories

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Campire Stories

Post by Swix » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm

"You did" Fade told Markus after he'd put his hand up, with that sly smile of his not making an impression at all. She just watched him, and listened to The Jent talk about a collector of sorts.

"Have you tried firing it without loading it first? Some magical weapons are intangible like that" Fade asked, not volunteering any of her own stories just yet.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Campire Stories

Post by Borg12345 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Markus' smile faded a little at the response. Either he had several enemies at the Encampment, or he did know the woman in blue. Drawing attention to either possibility seemed like a foolish prospect.

"Naturally, and nothing came of it." He explained. "It definitely needs something. I, however, am not of the magical persuasion and figured the weapon could be put to much better use in the hands of someone who is, for the right price naturally."

Markus turned to Jent.

"Is that so? Then I may be in luck. Would you be willing to introduce me to this gentleman in exchange for a small finders fee perhaps?" He asked.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Campire Stories

Post by Swix » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:21 pm

"Interesting" Fade said, sitting back on her hammock and folding her arms. She too, was not of the magical persuasion and could offer no further advice . However that didn't mean that she was above using them, either.

Seeing as Jent knew of somebody who was at least interested in magical artifacts and Markus had been travelling, her next question was worth a try "I don't suppose either of you happen to know someone who would be capable of fixing a godly artifact? What time I've had to spare trying to find one has been, so far, fruitless"

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Campire Stories

Post by Jent » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:48 am

"More than welcome too, he might even clear the rest of my tab if he buys it," Jent mentioned. "The guy is currently setup at the edge of the Encampment for the moment. Said something about, 'waiting for a lady' before leaving to the next town."

At Fade's particular request, he fuddled with his words. "Erm, a godly artifact you say? That... is a rather steep order for us mortals to ask willy-nilly... However, I know a few people that may be capable of such skill." The man slipped a hand past his white collar, procuring a intricate silver pocket-watch. Subtly, he rubbed the side of the latch to reveal a tiny mirror dwelling inside it. "One is more used to earthy material, so he is likely a no-go. Markus's potential buyer is the second one: just as good at analyzing to repairing magical tools. For the third... if you decide to talk him, refrain from talking about the other guy. This is still bad blood between them since the Dojo."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Campire Stories

Post by Swix » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:26 pm

"Indeed, so you can understand my difficulty" Fade answered, when The Jent mentioned what a tall order she was asking for.

"I would speak to the third one first" she said, although not yet mentioning payment. Better to wait until she knew if it was needed or not.
Last edited by Swix on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Campire Stories

Post by Jent » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Acknowledging Fade's decision, he hummed a quiet tune, flicking the chain of the pocket-watch before handing it to her closed. “Then you'll need this to contact him. I'm not aware of the current distance between us at the moment; however, say 'hinththin' when this is open to signal your present location.”

CaptainParrot
Level 2
Level 2

Campire Stories

Post by CaptainParrot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 pm

"In my experience, signalling your location to someone you've never met is a really bad idea." Mayra announced cheerfully.

"At the very least go somewhere where you know the lay of the land."

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Campire Stories

Post by Jent » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 pm

"Wha?"

Twisting his neck to see the Mayra, done in an unconventional, Jent stretched out his head to meet the newcomer. "I thought so too, miss. That is why I asked her to activate it when she is prepared to meet the mage."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Campire Stories

Post by Swix » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 am

"Indeed" Fade said, in answer to both of their assertions that telling someone where you were, when you didn't know them, was generally a bad idea. But then, she was an assassin and thus, had had to keep on her toes many times before. A mage was certainly not something to be trifled with, but then again, neither was she. "My thanks" the blue-haired mutant told The Jent, inclining her head to him after leaving her hammock perch to accept the proffered watch "You will be wanting this back afterwards, I take it?"

Fade then turned her cold, emotionless watery grey eyes upon the newcomer "And who might you be, miss?"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Campire Stories

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Markus visibly blinked at the sudden arrival of Mayra.
"Is there a gathering scheduled here that I wasn't aware of?" He thought to himself.

He gestured to the fire with his mechanical hand. "Feel free to take a seat, I guess?"

Markus' mood was beginning to take a dip. Naturally he would encounter other travellers on the road and no matter what his past relationship with Fade was, business trumped all. The camp site had become a small gathering of sorts now however, and that killed any chance of a quiet entrance into the Encampment.

"Why did I leave it in the first place?" He wondered to himself, awaiting an explanation from the fresh face.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Campire Stories

Post by Jent » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Jent overall didn't mind additional company compared to Borg. To the contrary, only the soak clothes on his back burdened him enough for a good wringing out. Flicking his arms about, the man spun himself in a cartoonish fashion, trailed behind the disappearing Jent a splash of water at the ground.

"Sorry for that, I felt a bit too damp."

A swerving spiral of mass summoned besides Fade gently into him. Knocking the kinks out of his neck, Jent waved at Mayra to sit down. "By all means, it be nice to see how big a gathering this might be."

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Campire Stories

Post by Swix » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:34 pm

"Interesting" Fade said, as The Jent turned into a swirling mass of, well, himself, leaving the water to drop onto the floor where he had been. She didn't jump or anything like that when he reappeared next to her, however, merely regarded him with a hint of curiousity "Do you do that often? And you do want this back after I am done? You've neglected to answer that part. The water must have been particularly troublesome to make you disregard such a comment"
Last edited by Swix on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Campire Stories

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Markus suddenly stood up, staring up into the sky.

"Did anyone else just see that? I don't know if it was the rain or what, but I swear I saw something shimmering in the sky." He said, concentrating on a point in the distance. "Seemed to be moving towards the Encampment."
Last edited by Borg12345 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jent
Librarian of Pax
Librarian of Pax
Level 13
Level 13

Campire Stories

Post by Jent » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:48 pm

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry Miss Fade, I just had weird tingling sensation at my core. Just give it back to the mage when you see him, as he will give it back to me later," Jent said is a hasty tone. "He is a fanatic over stuff surviving Blackstar Dojo. Merely tinkering with it will be payment enough..."

He looked past the sky towards the town, stomach binding in knots. "Markus, maybe we should go ahead now?"

Borg12345
Level 15
Level 15

Campire Stories

Post by Borg12345 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 pm

"Jent, every fibre of my being is telling me to turn right around and head in the opposite direction... so yes, we probably should" He replied, sighing.

Markus turned to his tent, and began to retrieve his gear. The last item he pulled out was his sniper rifle, a solid and practical weapon compared to the unusual pistol. He check how much ammo was loaded before slinging it over his shoulder.

"No time to pack up the tent..." He grumbled. "I'd better make bank on this pistol."