The City on the Edge of Nowhere

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 pm

"RUN! Run Forty Two!" A frantic voice called from ahead as one of the myriad people that were running away stumbled and fell. Number Forty Two had never been very good at long distance running-sprinting yes, but not running. "Come on!" She heard above her as her friend helped her up bodily before proceeding to half drag and half carry her. This one was Eighty Four, and she had the opposite issue. Whilst she could run for a long time once she got going, sprinting just gave her stitches. That's why her stopping now to help her friend was such a risk after the horrors they had just witnessed and were subsequently fleeing from. They'd all left their home en masse once they'd gotten out of that blue terrors reach-and what was worse was that they'd lost one of the strongest of their group to it.

"Come on! We'll be away from there and into the forest soon, out of mind-I hope" Eighty Four told her as they ran with the large group "Noone will be coming after us if we can get far enough away in time" Forty Two just nodded and kept up as best she could. This whole day had been a nightmare. She wished she believed it was enough for her to wake up. But no, this had happened. It was a tragedy.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm

They all continued to run into the forest-and even further after that, until they were winded and gasping for breath. At this point one of them not well known to Forty Eight called for a halt. It wasn't like they had a leader, but everyone was tired at this point so noone wanted to point that out. They all just wanted to rest.

Forty Eight was extremely thirsty-but they'd left without stopping to pick anything up. They couldn't. That monster was too fast for them to risk it. Looking around now, Forty Eight could see that there original number of one hundred and eleven souls had been whittled down to less than half there original number. That was depressing...

All eyes turned to Thirty One. She was a hydromage, one who could control and summon water. She glared at the group moodily. "What? Do I look like I have the energy to draw out anything? Do any of you? ... No. That's what I thought" She glowered at them all.

"What we need is to find some fresh water" Forty Eight said, reading the situation clearly. "What?" a small voice asked, that hadn't been quite close enough to hear. "I said, what we need is to find some fresh running water!" Forty Eight repeated louder, suddenly gaining the eyes of the entire crowd. "Even a water mage needs to drink" she finished weakly with a half smile. "But first we need to rest" this was from Eighty Four, who'd noticed her friends nervousness and come to the rescue, causing Forty Eight to let out a grateful sigh. They would rest, then they would figure out what to do next.