Let's Play Oblivion; Ironman challenge

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tav » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wikipedia</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (often referenced as Oblivion) is a single-player role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks and the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary 2K Games. It is the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Oblivion was released March 20, 2006, for Windows PCs and the Xbox 360.

Oblivion's main story revolves around the player character's efforts to thwart a fanatical cult that plans to open the gates to a realm called Oblivion. The game continues the open-world tradition of its predecessors by allowing the player to travel anywhere in the game world at any time and to ignore or postpone the main storyline indefinitely.[/quote]

Basically, Oblivion is a sandbox fantasy game where the entire game world can be freely explored at the player's whim, postponing or even ignoring entirely the main quest. Even without the main quest, there's over 100 hours of gameplay, I'm told. I'll be playing it in the highest difficulty, which is actually really freaking hard. Basically, I got my copy of Fraps up and running, so now I'm going to record me dying over and over and over again while you all laugh at me as I get killed by like, deer. Even though I'm fairly sure deer run away on sight.

Even though the game has this in-depth storyline, with about an hour long tutorial, I'm going to be skipping the main quest, in favor of just randomly roaming around the countryside running from ferocious rabbits or something. I have a few mods for the game that I'll be using. Namely, one to get rid of that freaking annoying tutorial, and one to make the game prettier.

Sometimes, when I get bored after a post, I'll ask you guys what I should do next.

Well, I'm going to be working on my first video now&#33;

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tav » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

Well, it seems that my headset has stopped working, so I can't narrate anything; So there'll be a delay on this until I can procure a working headset.

Savverz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Savverz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 am

I look forward to this.

rosebarks
Blackstar Refuge
Blackstar Refuge
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rosebarks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 am

This could get interesting xD

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tav » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:27 am

Well, without further ado;
The birth of SNEAKY.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><iframe type='text/html' width='425' height='344' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q1P40pA4yLE' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe></div>

and then the death of SNEAKY

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><iframe type='text/html' width='425' height='344' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/L6obYVDZulA' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe></div>

The video quality is too bad for me to be an archer next time, so help me choose;

A sneaky backstabber, A monk who rejects using weapons against others, instead using his bare fists, or a knight with sword and shield?

And second of all; Should we go to the same fort as last time, or go somewhere else?

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by 3kul » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Hahaha, that was pretty quick :P

Maybe next time go with a knight? Get yourself some better defences :)

My favourite part of Oblivion has to be the guards... "YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID THE FINE&#33;" >:0

Savverz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Savverz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 am

A chaotic neutral Imperial knight. Heavy armor, blades, etc. Named Sneakius Minimus.

Draconorn
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Draconorn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:28 am

Damnit, you've made me want to play Oblivion now D: Curses&#33;

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 am

Heheh, love it. Attack of the ninja dogs&#33; XD

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tav » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:02 am

Well, now that I have a working-ish microphone again, I can try this, once more&#33;

Tav
Founder
Founder
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tav » Fri May 06, 2011 3:08 pm

I found an old video that I never uploaded&#33; AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO; (Or maybe just a little ado)

Minimus' great heist&#33;
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><iframe type='text/html' width='425' height='344' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/zzicTXzKqwY' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe></div>

and then Minimus' SLAYING OF UNHOLY, UNDEAD ABOMBINATIONS. (and dying. to death)
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><iframe type='text/html' width='425' height='344' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zrc4tXzb19g' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe></div>

I looked at my old oblivion saves, and I don't actually have the Minimus save anymore, so we shall be starting anew with yet ANOTHER character&#33;
And maybe we won't die horribly this time.

Also next time I'll turn up the volume, because my microphone is really quiet.
Last edited by Tav on Fri May 06, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Swix » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 am

'Sooo apparently she.... ate the horses' XD

Very funny Tav, really enjoyed those two ;)

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by 3kul » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Hahaha, those were awesome, definitely makes me want to play Oblivion again :D

(I know I'm a little late to the party on this one but it seems like this section doesn't see too much action anyway so I guess nobody will mind :p )
Last edited by 3kul on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.