The Horn and Halo

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 am

"I am interested!" The reptile responded sharply, jumping up at once, a colourful frill bursting out from his neck. He ignored the new arrival, simply because the news was far more relevant. "Anybody will do, so long as they have lungs or a suitable non-magic based alternative."

"Why is it important that the treatment not involve magic?" Sal inquired, briefly glancing over his cards before returning his attention to the topic of discussion. "Isn't there a human saying about beggars being choosers?" "The patient has a... phobia, of sorts, concerning magic." The reptile explained, only just now noticing his frill and pushing it back down. "It is not something that he is used to, or comfortable with. He comes from a world without it, and his cultural upbringing has been staunchly entrenched in tolerating only in things that can be taught to or understood by anybody. Science and medicine he has no issues with, but magic is not such a thing."

"He certainly picked the wrong world to end up on then!" Sal exclaimed, taking a bit more time to look over his cards. "All innocent, again." He frowned; he had a pretty good idea of the card that his opponent had chosen, but for some reason it wasn't coming up. Well, it was a numbers game after all, it could very well be at the bottom of the deck, or it could even be... "AH!" The frog shouted, his eyes nearly bursting out of his head. "Don't tell me..." His eyes flicked across to the small pile of cards that had been discarded. Could his luck really be that bad? He didn't think so, but if it was then this would be a very long and uneventful game...

The reptile was not paying him any mind, now focused on Tala once more. "Please, tell me, who are the people you speak of?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:48 pm

"Errr... " Tala said, scratching behind her head nervously and feeling very uncomfortable all of a sudden. "Look, just, so you know I don't much like some of these peoples methods or some of these people but I'd have no chance to stop them and even if I did they'd just do it again anyway and of course if I was around when they tried something I would try and stop it and I'm in favour of balance rather than one thing over the other but it sounds like if nothing's done you're going to lose this patient and I'm rambling, aren't I? You know what, don't answer that" she finished rhetorically, frowned at herself then dealt Sal his next cards. "I suppose in one way it's a good thing that magic is out of the question, on the other it does rule out one of my suggestions. I suppose there's a reason that you can't use one of Anas predators lungs? I'm sure you could find any number of people willing to bring back one of those. They're about the average sapient beings size after all" she took a deep breath and hoped that this doctor wouldn't interpret this as her grasping at straws-even though it kind of was. Because she suddenly wished she'd never mentioned that she knew of these people. So first the least unsavoury one. "Ana has a resident mercenary hovering around somewhere, you could hire him to find you those organs" she stopped short of adding how or who from, and felt even worse "I've never met this gvy though so I'm not sure how helpful he'll be. Name's Markus. I'm sure he can't be that hard to find. As for the other one, her I have met, and I wouldn't even suggest this if there wasn't a dire need" she took another deep breath "but, there's also a resident assassin here whos attention you might have attracted already by being so secretive. Now I'm not saying you should hre her to go kill someone for you as I'm sure you're probably both thinking that but if there's someone more likely to be able to come across a suitable pair of organs or know someone who has some it's her, name's Fade. Also she once told me if someone was too far gone then it wasn't worth the effort to save them but it would be to end it, yet if there was a chance of recovery then it would be. She's... coldly logical like that. Sounds like she'd agree with what you said earlier. Makes me wonder why she and that dragon get along so well"

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:35 pm

"Oh yes, what a fine idea! Let's just grab any old animal's lungs, shove them in there, that should work." The reptile hissed spitefully. "Do you know anything about medicine? This is a complex operation for a patient who needs a very specific set of lungs. Size is not an issue, the problem is compatibility."

"Now now, no need for that tone, friend." Sal interrupted, however he didn't have much else to add. Once again he examined his cards carefully with a frown, and once again he found that he was not dealt the card that he was looking for. He wiped beads of slimy sweat from his brow with a fancy handkerchief - it was extremely unlikely that the game would go so unfavourably for him, but every hand that he was dealt that did not contain the card he was certain would be guilty felt like one more nail in the coffin, so to speak. "Perhaps..." He began, thinking to end the game then and there, but quickly deciding against it. "... you could explain what lungs would be suitable, rather than focus on what wouldn't."

"I'd have more luck finding a compatible set than you would winning this game, frog." The reptile sneered, mildly amused by his own joke. "My choices are quite limited, after some... trial and error I've narrowed it down to two species; Draconic, specifically those capable of breathing fire, or Parasitian." He turned back to Tala. "The patient is something similar to a draconic species and needs lungs that are suited to their fire-breathing nature. Parasitian lungs, or even lung cells if I could get a large enough sample, would do in a pinch, given their high level of adaptability, but nobody seems to have seen any of their kind around here."

"The only dragon that I know of that meets the criteria around here has a reputation for being... hostile, to say the least. He, your resident assassin, and the only two Parasitians I've caught whispers of all have ties with an organisation known as," he darted his eyes left and then right to make sure that nobody was paying their table too much attention, then leaned in and whispered; "The Evil Council."

"Oh really now, it feels like I'm sitting around the campfire listening to ghost stories!" Sal chuckled, placing his cards in the discard pile. Somehow seeing his opponent behaving so ridiculously about some nonsense he'd heard from who knows where made him feel a bit better about his chances in winning this game. "This 'Evil Council' that you speak of simply doesn't exist outside of tales from the old world, and why would it? An organisation hell-bent on perpetuating madness and mayhem defies logic - how could it even be organised in the first place?" He turned to Tala, beckoning for his next hand of cards to be played.

The reptile leered furiously at the frog, greatly vexed at being mocked in this manner. He took a small amount of solace in knowing that by discarding so many cards his opponent was greatly increasing his chances of losing the game, and instead returned his attention to Tala. "If this 'Fade' is as similar-minded to myself as you say she is then perhaps she is worth speaking to. How do I contact her?"
Last edited by 3kul on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Tala found herself growling at the doctors hissing tone, that was kind of why she'd asked. She stopped when Sal told him there was no need for that tone though. "What I know of medicine mainly involves animals, not people. But my studies were interrupted" she stopped short of saying why.

When the reptilian finally told them what he was actually looking for the werewolf leaned back in her chair. Draconic or Parasitian? Wasn't Parasitian the species of some members of the Evil Council? She didn't think she'd ever met them but, she'd heard stories about them of course. Stories that had tagged them as both highly intelligent and highly dangerous. They didn't strike her as people anyone would want to mess with.

Tala listened some more, and found out that her thoughts were correct... as well as finding out that the frog mocked the organisation and the reptilian seemed, well, she wasn't sure what she'd call his reaction to telling them about the EC. Paranoid maybe, or justifiably afraid? Either way for once she found herself on the doctors side... though at the same time it was true it didn't seem to exist outside of 'old world stories'.

The werewolf dealt Sal his next set of cards, this hand with one of the stronger smelling cards in it.

"Actually, I know of two draconic species apart from the dragon" she offered "one's around here somewhere, but she's very small and from what I understand she has to ingest a type of rock to breathe fire. The other is Syllak, but she doesn't have any sort of breath weapon and her kind is magical in nature anyway. As for Parasitians, can't say I've seen any around here. I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any, but it doesn't help either. Nor would I talk about the Evil Council quite so genially, they caused a lot of trouble back where I came from"

The werewolf stopped, thinking of the world she'd once called home, then looked back up to the doctor asking how he could contact Fade, of all her suggestions.

"To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't shown up in here yet" then again that didn't necessarily mean she wasn't around "used to have a shop, in the old world, you could contact her there. But, here. I've heard you can contact her by flying a piece of blue material outside of a meeting spot with the times you'll be around attached. The other rumours I've heard don't quite seem right. Of course, to guarantee you'll meet her you could go and visit her where she lives, though that would be dangerous, because she lives with the dragon" the bouncer finally finished, then noticed a familiar scent that she should have paid more attention to before but hadn't due to a combination of the large amount of beings already in here, her not keeping a look out for that scent in the first place and her concentrating on other things nearby. She could only guess at how long she'd been in here already.

"Or" spoke a cold, emotionless female voice from near by the chair the human had been sitting at "you can talk of wanting to contact me in a public area" the assassin faded into view, stood behind the furniture. Fade showed absolutely no reaction to the rooms sudden hush at her appearance, nor the volume slowly going back up.

"Greetings" the mutant clad in blue offered, with no warmth in her voice as she folded her arms.

((Hope you don't mind my bringing her in temporarily 3kul, I haven't used her all that often m Pax ;)))
Last edited by Swix on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 am

((That's cool Swix, I was counting on you bringing her in ;) ))

Both players were more than a little startled at Fade's sudden appearance, though their eyes both quickly darted between her and the game at hand. In a game that a skilled cheat may be involved in, a distraction such as this would be the perfect opportunity to make a move, and both players were still driven by a desire to win.

The reptile grinned. "Bet you were planning on using that to your advantage, eh frog?" "You think I'd be counting on the unexpected appearance of a legendary villain (who, might I add, is from an organization that, until this very point in time, I did not believe truly existed) to distract you?" Sal chuckled, somewhat nervously. "If I could make such predictions I'd have no need for gambling!" "Hrm, true enough, I suppose." The reptile replied, almost disappointed that he didn't catch his opponent cheating. It certainly would have ended the game quickly, but there was no great rush, especially not now that he was presented with such a fortuitous meeting.

"I trust you overheard our conversation, hushed though it was." The reptile returned (most of) his attention to Fade, moving a hand from the table to his bag to procure a small card. "I am keen to enlist your services, if you are who I have been led to believe you are." He did not introduce himself, but offered the card to Fade directly. The card was quite plain and offered only his name (or preferred alias) and profession; 'Doctor 5, M.D.'

Sal would have been quite interested in the conversation taking place as well as the identity of his opponent was he not so distracted by his hand. This was exactly the card that he had been looking for, but it came at exactly the wrong time. The reptilian doctor would surely accuse him of cheating once more if he played it now... Well, it wasn't like he had any alternative - what else was he meant to do, lose?

"Sorry to interrupt, but I believe this will be my final accusation." He turned a card face up to reveal the Consort of Beast, a card that smelled quite strongly of spiced liquor. "I mean no offence to our dealer in declaring this card as the murderer, though I suspect that the good doctor cannot say the same thing." The reptile's eyes narrowed and he snarled in rage. "You slimy web-fingered cheat! I knew that you'd-" "Yes, you suspected me greatly, which is why you were so quick to accuse me when one of the most infamous assassins known to people here appeared the moment you requested her presence." Sal interrupted, quick to counter the reptiles' suspicions and accusations with his own. If this woman was the real deal then walking out of this establishment in one piece was going to be tricky. "But please, by all means, confirm my victory with our dealer - she dealt my cards fair and square, right before our very eyes. Or perhaps you could confirm it with your partner, who has witnessed at least one round of our game?"

The reptile was clearly furious with Sal's victory, but he had to admit it would be very difficult to cheat under these circumstances. "Well?" He asked, though whether he was asking Tala or Fade wasn't entirely clear.

((EDIT: Fixing typos...))
Last edited by 3kul on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Tala kept a hand on the deck throughout this whole exchange, and as she hadn't suspected the two players both seemed quite startled at the sudden appearance of Fade. The werewolf nodded her head once towards the assassin who inclined hers towards the bouncer to acknowledge her. "Fade" Tala noted, with the dislike of the mutant clearly carried in her voice. "Tala" the assassin answered without changing her tone, and that was the extent of their greetings towards each other.

"Indeed" Fade took the card that was offered by the reptile, and read it without another word before she tucked it into her pocket. The game and their hushed exchange she had heard, from across the room where she had been sat for a while invisible, listening for just such an opportunity. There was no rule about using abilities to conceal herself here, and she hadn't broken any others so though she was quite aware of the bouncers displeasure, she also knew Tala had no reason to kick her out.

She raised one of her blue eyebrows at the argument between the merchant and the doctor, which rose a little higher at Sals accusation of her and the reptilian being partners before she'd shown herself.

"I assure you, I have had no interaction with this game of yours" Fade stated the sentence as nothing less than a fact, first to speak because she wanted to clear this pointless misunderstanding up, amusing though some of her acquaintances might find it "nor was the Doctor here a contact of mine until this very moment"

Tala was next to speak "I dealt that card fairly and he's playing it fairly. There's no foul play here, as far as I can tell. That is the card you told me you had picked and he's accusing it within the rules of the game you chose. Now, would you kindly cease your arguing? The matter is settled" the werewolfs voice held frustration and exasperation more than anything else.

The blue clad mutant turned her watery grey eyes towards the amphibian when Tala had finished her emotional rant. "You are a merchant. I may require your services, but at another point in time" she then turned those same cold eyes towards the reptilian "Doctor, if you were to have access to Furnace what would you do? You need not answer now, if you prefer, we could discuss this matter in a more private meeting place"
Last edited by Swix on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 am

The reptile was clearly infuriated by his loss to the frog, but it seemed that, for now, he begrudgingly had to admit that there was no way he could get out of it. "... Well, go ahead, take it!" He snapped, gesturing to the sizeable pile of wealth sitting in the middle of the table. "Gladly." Sal replied with a wide grin, quickly scooping the pile into his satchel. "Well, this was quite a game! I must say, it's left me feeling rather parched. Miss Tala, would you be so kind as to let me buy you a drink, as thanks for being a gracious dealer?" He tried to ignore Fade's comment about possibly requiring his services - he had no interest in doing business with the likes of her, and there was no way he was walking away from this table with a satchel full of riches without somebody at least twice his size coming with him to watch his back.

"There is no need for us to leave, but I'd rather move to another table," Doctor 5 replied to Fade. He got up from the table and moved towards a different table, one a bit more isolated and secluded than the one he'd previously been sitting at. "I'll answer your question in a moment, but first, please take a look at my card again - it is a special kind of card, enchanted with a message for the person who receives it that only appears after they have held on to the card for more than a minute." A slightly sinister smile crept across his face, and he took a seat. "Naturally that message is only meant for you, so things would get... a bit messy if you allowed anybody else to see it."

((You'll need to check your PM for the card Swix - let me know if you have any questions or concerns OOC ;) ))
Last edited by 3kul on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 pm

"Well" Tala said slowly, when she looked towards the amphibian "I'm on duty, but I'm sure one drink won't hurt. Being a werewolf has it's advantages". The bouncer got up to follow the merchant, and as she walked behind him resumed her preferred anthropomorphic wolf form.

Fade on the other hand, followed Doctor Five over to the more secluded, private table without a word when he said a change of scenery wasn't desired.

The blue clad mutant did not take a seat immediately though, she pulled the card out of her pocket and looked at it again. Her watery grey eyes narrowed slightly at it's contents.

"Interesting" the assassin said, half to herself and half to the reptile. "I believe I have just had what is referred to as a 'reality check', after the company I have kept I should know better."

The assassin took the seat that faced the reptilian and put the card on the table with one of her palms rested over it, whilst the other hand was used to push untidy strands of blue hair back over her ear. "It would seem you have the advantage on me, Doctor. What is this going to involve?"
Last edited by Swix on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 am

"Splendid, splendid!" Sal was pleased that Tala had taken him up on his offer of a drink, and he made his way over to the bar confident in his own safety for now. Of course, he had not only asked her to join him to watch his back (that was just a bonus), he was sure that he'd enjoy the company of the werewolf, and sought to unwind a little after that tense game. "I'll take another of your finest aromatic spice brews please barkeep," he said with a smile and a wink. "What about you Tala? It goes without saying that price does not matter."

<hr />

"Good to see that you haven't taken it personally," the reptile replied. "You're every bit as professional as I've heard. Rest assured, I'll safely retrieve my card from you once our business is complete. It's merely a form of... insurance, to ensure that things go exactly as I wish them to."

"You may have already deduced that there is no 'patient'. My need for dragon or parasitian lungs is just as non-existent." He chuckled to himself, slightly amused at how easy it had been to dupe her. "I'm not even a real doctor, you know." He leaned back in his chair, his confidence obviously rising as he felt more at ease with being in control of the situation - the card game had shaken him a bit, he still had no idea how he lost to the frog at all... but that was completely unrelated to this. "Of course, the pretence was necessary. My quest was one impossible to fulfil without involving somebody from the Evil Council, the only organisation around here known to have associated with both fire-breathing dragons and Parasitians, and designed to pique your curiosity."

"And so..." He leaned forward now, flashing his teeth in a sly grin. "Naturally, my goal is nothing short of the Council itself. It is a pathetic group now, a mere shadow of what it once was; the destruction of Blackstar cut the head off the snake quite neatly, so to speak, and you have no leadership, no structure. I'm not sure whether it's a tremendous stroke of luck or a cruel twist of fate that sees you remnants stranded on a world with limited civilization, where mutual co-operation is essential to survival, with so few who remember the past..."

At this point he procured a thick folder from his bag, placing it on the table in front of him and resting one of his claws on top of it. "I've done my research, but there are some things that I would like to clarify with you. Why don't you start by telling me which members remain an active part of the Council, where they are located and what their current ranking within the organisation is is?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Tala reached the bar behind the amphibian merchant, pushing past the patrons easily.

The werewolf sniffed at hearing the words 'aromatic spiced beverage' but put it down to the hyped up suspicion she'd developed during the game. For the moment anyway. "Well, if you're sure... I'll have a drop of Dragonsfire, mixed with that fruit punch. Heavily mixed in. It might not seem a lot but Dragonsfire is more potent than anything I've ever encountered" she told Sal, in a good natured manner.

((You can control the barkeep if you want 3kul, my phone is starting to rebel))

<hr />

Fade simply listened to the reptiles emotional conversation until he was done. He'd figured right, she had come to the conclusion that his need for either was non-existent, as was the patient, once she'd seen the message, and had suspected the doctor wasn't a doctor when he'd mentioned the card was enchanted. Most magic users who dealt with healing referred to themselves as healers, rather than doctors, in her experience of them. But since it was already too late by then she'd not felt the need to say so. She simply nodded when he told her both those things to show he was right in his thoughts.

"That is a lot of potentially dangerous information" she stated when he finished, with her head inclined towards the folder. She was intrigued about his comment of those who remembered the past, but, first thing's first-this reptilian wanted to know about the members of the Council, even after he'd just spoke of how the Evil Council itself was a shadow of it's former self-why?

At the same time, he presented her with a personal dilemma. One she'd thankfully not come across when the EC was at strength, yet now found her when it wasn't. At least, not around here. The members that she knew of and their rank was information that she saw no harm in giving, they could handle themselves, but their current locations were not.

"If you do not mind, since you have given me the alias I will refer to you as 'Doctor', I find calling people numbers distasteful" she told him, but did not wait for an answer before she continued on. "Doctor, I find our coming here to be nothing more than chance. There are four members that I am aware of who were brought here. The Lady Raven, the Second in Command, arrived shortly after I did. There are also two others apart from myself that I know are here. Furnace you know of, he is a Councilman, Swix or ES holds the same rank. I was an Elite, but I believe that title will have dropped under the usual circumstances, so you can consider me the same"

Here Fade paused on purpose, to consider her next set of words. "Their current locations I will not give you. Even under these... circumstances Not until you answer the question I had asked you before with a slight modification, before I even consider giving that to a stranger. If you had access to them, what would you do?"
Last edited by Swix on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 am

"No problem." The bartender replied, filling a mug with Sal's chosen beverage and quickly mixing Tala's drink for her. "Thank you my good man." Sal said, placing the gold for the drinks plus a handsome tip on the bar. "Let us know when you need more." The bartender was obviously keen to accommodate big spenders, especially if they appeared to be trying to impress others.

"A fascinating drink choice," Sal mused, looking at the mixed beverage with curiosity. "I suppose you learn a lot about liquor by working here, my choice is just something that reminds me of home." He took a sip from the mug and stared wistfully at nothing in particular. "Strange, isn't it? That so many people from so many different worlds can all be stranded here... We seem to come from all walks of life, with very little in common - how do you suppose we came to be here?"

<hr />

"'Doctor', '5' or anything in between is fine." Doctor 5 replied, shrugging nonchalantly. "People who go by aliases tend not to get overly concerned with what they are called."

He flipped through his folder as Fade spoke, not being too careful about whether or not she could see what was written in it. If she caught a glimpse she'd understand why - the entire thing appeared to be written in code, using none of the letters from common English. He gave the odd non-committal "hrm, yes" and "mm-hm" when she mentioned each of the four members, as well as their ranks. None of this appeared to be news to him, or if it was he wasn't letting it on.

"I'm not interested in answering that question, or finding out where the members are located. You'll find that most of the time, when I ask a question, I am interested in what you don't say just as much as what you do say." He replied to Fade, not at all vexed by her desire to withhold information. "That you won't tell me where they are currently based reveals just how weak the Council truly is at this point in time."

"Enough about that though, let's talk about your current 'leader'." He pulled out a particular piece of paper with red markings on it. This one was in code, just like the others, but had a picture of Raven on it. Doctor 5 continued talking to Fade as he read over it's contents. "I find it strange that you would describe Raven as the Second-in-Command when there is no Headmaster here... She is reputed to be dominating, power-hungry and opportunistic. I feel that it's highly unlikely that she would not seize this chance to take the position for herself. She could even justify it as a temporary regime to win the support of the other three remaining members, claim that her goal is to establish the Council here while awaiting the return of the elected Headmaster, and she is intelligent enough to do so."

He put the paper back into the folder and returned his gaze back to Fade. "No, I find it far more likely to believe that she has gone missing, for whatever reason, leaving the rest of you without a leader. My conclusion is that, with a vacuum in power and only three remaining active members, all equal in rank by your own admission, the Council is currently in a state of paralysis. Do you agree?"

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

"Thank you" the werewolf said to Sal as she picked up her drink and took a sip-well, lap really. Lupine jaws and glesses didn't mix very well unless shattered glass was what you were after ingesting. "Home huh? Do all of the drinks from your home have a strong aroma then?" she asked, then paused long enough to take another "Actually, I don't know that much about liquor save that draconians have a particular weakness for it. Syllak introduced me to this-she makes it"

The werewolf took another lap and watched the crowd of people around them with her pointed ears pricked forwards attentively. "This may sound strange but I don't find the mixture of vastly different species here odd at all. Even on my homeworld there were two dominant races already, with new ones revealing themselves all the time. I'd find it stranger if there were only one species here. But as for how we all came to be here-I don't know. I've jumped through and been pulled into so many different dimensions, I've almost stopped thinking about why. Do you suppose there's a reason for this?"

<hr />

Fade sat and listened back to what the reptile had to say, noting his seeming disinterest in what she wouldn't say as a curiousity in itself. If he wasn't interested in their locations, then what was the purpose in asking her about them? What he'd said contradicted what he'd asked. The folder too, was interesting in that the few glimpses she'd gotten of it appeared to be written in code. Smart on his part, but it didn't much help the assassin.

"You are wrong Doctor" she told him "I do not reveal their locations because I have no desire to bring any unnecessary grief to them-even if you truly are disinterested in that information-there are others who would be." she stopped there, since she did not believe any further explanation was required.

When the reptilian got out the page with the picture of and apparent infornation about Raven the mutants blue eyebrow shot up again, only to lower slowly at the Doctors accurate description of Raven and worryingly accurate suspicions of why she'd said what she'd said. "You would be correct" Fade confirmed, since she couldn't very well put Raven in danger if she didn't know where she was anyway "we have not seen Raven since then"

Fade listened to the next part without any expression showing, but she took a bit longer to answer the question as she thought it over "A state of paralysis is an apt conclusion, therefore it is irrelevant whether I agree with it or not" the assassin finished simply for the fact the reptile struck her as smart enough to understand what she'd just said. "You indicated your goal is the Council itself, do you intend harm?" Fade did not expect Doctor 5 would answer this question either, yet she was growing ever more concerned with his questions.

3kul
Level 7
Level 7

The Horn and Halo

Post by 3kul » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 am

"Everything has a strong aroma back home..." Sal replied, chuckling, but he seemed unwilling to elaborate on what appeared to be a private joke.

"Pax is very different to the place I came from; our planet just had the one race, no idea if there were others or what else might be beyond our homeworld." He took a sip from his drink, his eyes still glazed with nostalgia. "We weren't exactly ignorant - most of us believed that there was life out there - but with our technology we couldn't travel much further than our moon without dying of old age."

He looked about the bar, smiling to himself. "The diversity here is refreshing, and I'm relieved to discover that I'm not some kind of xenophobe in spite of my upbringing, but I do find myself craving some kind of reason for being here, yes. As for what that reason is..." He took another sip, then continued. "I wouldn't have the faintest idea&#33; Higher powers, a scientific phenomenon, who knows?"

<hr />

"Ho-hum, such a predictable question." Doctor 5 sighed, sounding almost disappointed. "What would you do if I answered yes? Kill me? Warn them? Please. Such petty heroics are unbecoming of you, and besides, you'd be naive to believe that such an outcome wouldn't result in your own death."

He drummed his claws on the file and slumped back in his chair, not terrible amused by the turn this meeting had taken. "Disappointing... But that's nothing we can't change, right?"

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a rather well-worn pair of glasses. The right lens was cracked, but they were otherwise serviceable. "Wear these..." He handed Fade the glasses as well as the file. "So that you can read pages 37 through to 42 of this, then sign the dotted line."

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>MINUTES FOR THE MEETING OF THE EVIL COUNCIL FOR (CURRENT DATE, CURRENT TIME)</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Attending: Fade
Apologies: Furnace, Swix

I, Fade, acknowledge that the Articles of Councilization, as established by The Dark Psycho, second Headmaster of the Evil Council, are the same rules that we of the Evil Council uphold to this day.

In accordance with the Articles of Councilization, I, Fade, recognize the following changes to the Evil Council’s structure:

1. That Fort, the third and current Headmaster of the Evil Council, is not present in the realm of Pax, where the Evil Council is now based, and is no longer able to serve the Evil Council in any way, shape or form, and thus can no longer be considered a legitimate Headmaster (refer to section II, clause A, point iv of the Articles of Councilization).
2. In recognizing this it is also the case that, by default, Raven, the current Second-in-Command of the Evil Council, shall no longer be considered as such (refer to section II, clause B, point iv of the Articles of Councilization).
3. In the absence of those mentioned above, in addition to all former Headmasters, Elders and the Commodore, I, Fade, the only remaining Council Elite, acknowledge that I alone hold the highest rank of the Evil Council.
4. In addition to this, I, Fade, also acknowledge that the only remaining members of the Council who are not dead, missing or otherwise incapacitated in the realm of Pax are myself, holding the rank of Council Elite, Furnace, holding the rank of Councilman, and Swix, also holding the rank of Councilman, making for a total membership of three (3).

I, Fade, also acknowledge that, although the Evil Council’s traditional method of adding new members is by popular vote amongst all Council members, this is not included anywhere within the Articles of Concilization, and thus is not a formal requirement.

Consequently, I, Fade, recognize my and any other Council member’s right to induct new members without any formal procedure or process.

On this day I, Fade, the highest ranking active Council member, bestow the beings known as Doctor 5 seated before me with full membership to the Council. This brings the Evil Council’s current active membership up to a total of five (5) members.

At this point in the meeting it is appropriate to update the record of attendance.

MINUTES FOR THE MEETING OF THE EVIL COUNCIL FOR [CURRENT DATE, CURRENT TIME]

Attending: Fade, Doctor 5, Doctor 5
Apologies: Furnace, Swix

I, Fade, recognize that I represent the entirety of the Council Elite, and am the only Council member thus entitled to legislate rules and amend the Articles of Councilization. Furthermore, when proposing such changes, I recognize that I control 100% of Council Elite votes by default.

Furthermore, I, Fade, as well as all members of the Evil Council present at this meeting, recognize that I only require a simple majority required to make any amendment to the Articles of Councilization.

In addition to recognizing the above facts as true and essential elements of Evil Council legislation to uphold, I propose an amendment to section II, clause A, line iii of the Articles of Councilization, which currently reads as follows:

“The Headmaster will be selected from the Council by a majority vote of the entire CC, to be held on Treesprite's Grove, or in lue of that, Gameware Forums.â€

The amended line will read as follows:

“The Headmaster will be selected from the Council by a majority vote from all Council members, and shall not include non-members or inactive members.â€

In proposing this amendment, I immediately pass it and put it to a vote by the entire membership of the Evil Council, and in doing so offer my own support.

Doctor 5 lend their support to this amendment, giving it a 3/5 majority vote.

The amendment is passed and is henceforth included in the Articles of Concilization.

I, Fade, now choose to call for an election for the position of Headmaster, and in doing so I nominate myself for the position of Headmaster.

In accordance with the newly amended section II, clause A, line iii of the Article of Councilization:

“The Headmaster will be selected from the Council by a majority vote from all Council members, and shall not include non-members or inactive members.â€

I choose to vote for myself in the ensuing election, as do Doctor 5, granting me a 3/5 majority vote.

On this day, I, Fade, ascend to the highest rank in the Evil Council and become the fourth and current Headmaster.

In doing so I also recognize my duty and right, in accordance with section II, clause B, line iii of the Articles of Councilization, to select a Second-in-Command at the beginning of my term.

I, Fade, fourth and current Headmaster of the Evil Council, select Doctor 5 to be my Second-in-Command, who accepts this role.

In addition to this I, Fade, fourth and current Headmaster of the Evil Council, recognize the legitimacy of the role of Commodore, and, as described in section II, clause C, line v, acknowledge that their existence is outside of Council legislation.

I, Fade, fourth and current Headmaster of the Evil Council, select Doctor 5 to be the Commodore, who accepts this role.

Doctor 5 calls for a renewed examination of the Council’s structure to be recorded on these minutes, which is as follows:
HEADMASTER: Fade
SECOND-IN-COMMAND: Doctor 5
COUNCIL ELITE: Doctor 5 (COMMODORE)
COUNCILMEN: Furnace, Swix

All present at this meeting acknowledge the need for a Council Elite election to be held post haste to fill the remaining Council Elite positions, as well as an urgent need to bolster the Council’s ranks to ensure that the power structure is not too top-heavy. It is the hope of all present that a new Headmaster will revitalize and reinvigorate the Council out of the period of stagnation that it has endured thus far on Pax.

This meeting is adjourned, with all present acknowledging that the above minutes are an accurate and true reflection of it.

FADE:
DOCTOR 5: [SIGNED]
DOCTOR 5: [SIGNED]</div>
"Let me know if you need a pen."

((LEGAL RPING ADVENTURES&#33;&#33;&#33; SO INTENSE&#33;&#33;&#33; :O :O :O

Seriously though, I spent way too long typing up (and editing&#33;) those fictional minutes for this fictional meeting D:

For those curious, the AoC can still be found on the Creatures wiki.))
Last edited by 3kul on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coolpikaaa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Level 15
Level 15

The Horn and Halo

Post by Coolpikaaa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:18 am

<small><small><small>(( ... whoh.))</small></small></small>

Swix
Level 18
Level 18

The Horn and Halo

Post by Swix » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

((O_O Well, that pretty much blew my mind... *stares at RP*))

"Whether I have disappointed you is irrelevant and does not concern me. Indeed, I find petty heroics to be particularly pointless. I do however also find that those whom are interested in the questions you presented to me intend harm most often, hence my question" Fade did raise a blue eyebrow at the reptilians comment about her apparent naiivete, and continued "and you, Doctor, would be equally naiive to believe that I have not had a plan prepared for when I believe my life to be in danger, or for the event of it's ending. Especially should my death be untimely. As you would be equally foolish to think that I have revealed all of my secrets" The assassin didn't elaborate on this, but did take the cracked glasses so she could read the indicated pages in the coded file. Fade did not look up for many minutes as she read the statements, taking this bizarre turn of events in. The assassin tapped the pages of the file once she was finished, looked up towards Doctor 5 for a bit longer and still remained silent. Until, eventually "I will not sign this" Fade stated "not until you clarify two things. Namely, how exactly you happen to be two beings on paper whilst there appears to be only one in front of me, and how you expect that after reading this I would still be under the impression you will undo what you have done after this 'business' is concluded. I am well aware of the relationship between Headmaster and Second-in-Command, especially the traditional one, since you possess such a large amount of knowledge I am sure you too are aware of this and can understand my concern"

Fade leant back in her chair to regard the reptilian intently. She would tell him that her obvious questions being obvious was irrelevant, but there was no point, because that in itself should be self explanatory.
Last edited by Swix on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.